Kubota L3010 - Remove front tire?

phillyd2

Mar 20, 2011
Bucks County, PA
One of the front tire has a slow leak so I need to remove to have it fixed. Never having done this, whats the best way? I'm thinking - loosen all nuts, use bucket to raise front end, slide in a couple of jack stands, remove wheel from tractor.

Does this sound ok?

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
One of the front tire has a slow leak so I need to remove to have it fixed. Never having done this, whats the best way? I'm thinking - loosen all nuts, use bucket to raise front end, slide in a couple of jack stands, remove wheel from tractor.

Does this sound ok?
Get a small tube that just fits over the valve stem. Take the core out of the valve stem and dump some a pint of liquid starch into the tire. Re-install core and fill with air. Drive it around a bit. Search Liquid starch tire repair for more info.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Go to local TSC or most anywhere now days and get you a bottle or jug or Slime. Unless the hole is big enough to throw a cat thru the Slime will seal it up. I sealed a hole in a tire last year that had a stick in it about the size of my little finger. There's lots of different ways to fix a flat tire but it doesn't get much easier than Slime.