kubota l260 advise

214sewell

Equipment
Kubota l260
Sep 29, 2014
Somerset, KY
I own a kubota l260 according to the kubota dealer its considered a grey market tractor and they are not that helpful. It runs good after having injector pump rebuilt, no current problems. My concern is future parts, should i keep this good running tractor or sell and buy something where parts are easier to come by?

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I own a kubota l260 according to the kubota dealer its considered a grey market tractor and they are not that helpful. It runs good after having injector pump rebuilt, no current problems. My concern is future parts, should i keep this good running tractor or sell and buy something where parts are easier to come by?

I have an L2202, it's a grey market, too. so ugly it wouldn't bring anything on the auction market. Use the piss out of it, and keep your eyes open for another, better kuboter. I picked up an l-185 last fall, for $800, it was a basket case, with a blown freeze plug, but the experience I gained working on the junker, I was able to get it running, and have a decent looking tractor, now.

As far as parts go, I haven't needed many, for either tractor. Unless something big breaks or wears out, kuboters are tough, and if you think about it, lots of times you can make what you need.:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Only some of the L260 were gray market.
Give us the Serial # and I might be able to tell you if it's gray or not.

Serial # location: Right side of tractor frame, to the rear of the brake pedals.

Note: If things are written in English on it most likely it's not a grey!

Last edited:

214sewell

Equipment
Kubota l260
Sep 29, 2014
Somerset, KY
North Idaho Wolfman the serial number location had some scratches but it looks like L210-15377 or L240-15377. thanks for the help