Kubota L2002 3 pt hitch

ndenahan

Equipment
L2002
Sep 1, 2018
Gainesville, FL
I feel a little like I'm talking to a dark room at this point, but in case any one comes along that this might be able to help.
Success!!

I took the control valve apart and found what looked like a relief valve that wasn't moving. I freed it up cleaned it up and put it back together works like a champ now.
I valve was between a tube that dumped oil back into the transmission and the rest of the main control block.

Thanks for input and help all!!

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Good deal that you found the problem and took the time to let us know what it was

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Excellent to hear... Sorry you feel left in the dark, your dealing with a model that very few have seen or worked on. ;)

I personally appreciate your posts and updates as it should help others down the line!

ndenahan

Equipment
L2002
Sep 1, 2018
Gainesville, FL
No worries.

I enjoy working out the issues, and bringing something back to life.
Yesterday I spent the whole day in the seat move dirt from here to there, dragging logs, generally getting things done.

The tractor still needs plenty. Body work, electrical repair etc...

The one last thing I have to add about the L2002 is that it does seem quite similar to the L275. I would call them the same tractor but looking at the parts diagrams is a great place to start.

Thanks all for your help!

Reactions: 1 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
The relief valve will be associated with the control valve (the one the up/down handle is hooked to). Follow the handle down to the valve assembly, take it apart and start your search. :)

Penguin

Equipment
L2002
Apr 6, 2022
USA
Wolfman Is he referring to the hand turned valve between the legs when sitting in the seat ?
The relief valve will be associated with the control valve (the one the up/down handle is hooked to). Follow the handle down to the valve assembly, take it apart and start your search. :)
I removed the top of the axle housing and I believe my control handle shaft was loosened in the past and was disconnected from valve control assembly Unfortunately, assembly was fairly easy and I could not discern anything wrong with the valves or block. So after reassembly the control handle feels more solid and connected but I do not have any raise control. If I lift the arms up and leave them they will stay up.
Just not any control to lift if I let them down. So my issue does not appear to be same as ndenahan's issue #41 of the post

Penguin

Equipment
L2002
Apr 6, 2022
USA
Is a manual out there ANYWHERE ? What pump and where is it located that is being referred to earlier asking if it is primed? How can I verify?

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Actually that does sound like the same issue. A relief valve stuck open will prevent the system from building enough pressure to lift much, if any, weight. However, it won't stop you from manually lifting the 3pt arms while pulling the lever to 'raise', as you'd be sucking fluid into the 3pt cylinder with vacuum, basically. It would hold itself up and even hold weight after you released the valve because the cylinder would be isolated from the leaking relief valve.

So yeah, that still sounds like a stuck open relief valve.

Penguin

Equipment
L2002
Apr 6, 2022
USA
Well Completely removed the upper cap and then the control valve then inspected valve pistons and springs it all moves it all appears complete I hope I assembled correctly but not going to put top valve back on yet as I think I have a no pressure problem. I will as time allows , try to inspect lines and pathways to determine if I am developing pressure Any one know a quick check I would consider it . What I really would like to find is a new hydraulic filter . No place here can cross it or is will ing to dig Frustrating

Penguin

Equipment
L2002
Apr 6, 2022
USA
I pulled the hyd. pump and cleaned it up. Had some foreign debris I could not recognize but it was not that serious. I pushed air through the lines and and confirmed them clear. When I had the filter off I am pretty sure it had a bad seal and I think it was the wrong filter, but the old guy did really take very good care so not surprised. When new filter arrived it fit well and I started machineto test. At first it did not raise the 3Pt but when I opened the filter drain plug to see if it had oil that must have bled it a little as the hitch now raises and lowers nice. I will exercise it a little over the coming weekend but I feel confident the filter replace and cleaning did the trick.