Kubota L200

dan lee

Equipment
kubota L200
Jul 21, 2022
does anyone know where I can have a Z1100 Diesel engine rebuilt ? everyone I have talked to says there are no parts available for this 2 cylinder motor, any help or if know of a shop near northern Ohio would be appreciated.Thanks

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Parts for something of this age may require you to buy from a number of sources including ebay and a rebuild shop is not going to get involved in something where they have to procure parts (some of which may be used) from a number of non-commercial vendors.

Your best bet is probably finding a smaller shop that will do the work with you in charge of finding parts. Since you may be reliant upon some parts that are used, there is not going to be a warranty on the rebuild and it will be an expensive process. If there is a vintage tractor pulling group in your area, get in touch with them because you will find resources in terms of parts and people who do machine work on less common gear.

Maybe look at re-powering with a more recent engine if this isn't going to be show tractor or one restored for sentimental reasons. Anything can be rebuilt if cost is no object (even down to custom machining of parts) but with older equipment sometimes it is far less expensive to just buy something used but much newer.

Rodger

Reactions: 1 user

dan lee

Equipment
kubota L200
Jul 21, 2022
Parts for something of this age may require you to buy from a number of sources including ebay and a rebuild shop is not going to get involved in something where they have to procure parts (some of which may be used) from a number of non-commercial vendors.

Your best bet is probably finding a smaller shop that will do the work with you in charge of finding parts. Since you may be reliant upon some parts that are used, there is not going to be a warranty on the rebuild and it will be an expensive process. If there is a vintage tractor pulling group in your area, get in touch with them because you will find resources in terms of parts and people who do machine work on less common gear.

Maybe look at re-powering with a more recent engine if this isn't going to be show tractor or one restored for sentimental reasons. Anything can be rebuilt if cost is no object (even down to custom machining of parts) but with older equipment sometimes it is far less expensive to just buy something used but much newer.

Rodger
thank you Rodger, I do know of a tractor group in my area and will get in touch with one of the members

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
thank you Rodger, I do know of a tractor group in my area and will get in touch with one of the members
Dan,

I hope they can help you out! There are some incredibly talented people in those groups who are also very good at finding difficult to find parts.

A few years ago, I had fun photographing a vintage tractor pull which was part of our village's "Corn Daze" festival. There were a few on-site repairs taking place during the pull with competitors jumping in to help each other: https://rodgersingley.smugmug.com/Corn-Daze-2019/n-n9DTdL

Rodger

Reactions: 1 users

dan lee

Equipment
kubota L200
Jul 21, 2022
Dan,

I hope they can help you out! There are some incredibly talented people in those groups who are also very good at finding difficult to find parts.

A few years ago, I had fun photographing a vintage tractor pull which was part of our village's "Corn Daze" festival. There were a few on-site repairs taking place during the pull with competitors jumping in to help each other: https://rodgersingley.smugmug.com/Corn-Daze-2019/n-n9DTdL

Rodger
Thanks Rodger, those are some pretty nice pictures

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Thanks Rodger, those are some pretty nice pictures
Thank you! It was a fun group to photograph although I spend most of my photography time as a volunteer HS sports photographer.

Just over 2 weeks until football season starts and I get to be back on the sidelines :)

Rodger

dan lee

Equipment
kubota L200
Jul 21, 2022
Thank you! It was a fun group to photograph although I spend most of my photography time as a volunteer HS sports photographer.

Just over 2 weeks until football season starts and I get to be back on the sidelines :)

Rodger
again, good photography work

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Dan,

Rodger
Some mighty fine pictures. Thanks.