Kubota L200 New Owner!

SpaceCowboy

Equipment
L200
Apr 19, 2020
Spring, Texas
Hello all! This is my first post. I just picked up a 1973 Kubota L200 with a finish mower and I'm super excited to own it.

It runs really good and I got most of the little bugs worked out of it today but I have two things left. She's hard to start but I'm going to try and maKe sure the glow plugs are working. (I'm mechanically inclined but a complete novice with wiring and electronics)

Also it seems like gear oil is just puking out from behind the starter? I'm going to pull it off of there tomorrow and see if there is a seal behind there or if my gear case is just filling up with other oil (like hydraulic)

I got this tractor for a steal and I think its really cool. I have operator and parts manual and glow plugs on the way from Messicks. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Almost all of the fluids and hoses were updated before I bought this machine.

Thanks in advance!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome to the forum. Congratulation on your purchase. I think that model of Kubota is a collector's item!

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Welcome to the Forum!! You may want to see if those glow plugs are even getting power before replacing them. There may be a glow resistor in series with them. If the terminals get oxidized or it burns out there will be now power to the glow plugs.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Kubota puts some small round plugs into the block. They do fall out sometimes so look for a hole with no plug in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk