Kubota L 2050 that blows off steam/water

aheberly

Equipment
L 2050
Apr 27, 2013
umpqua, oregon, united states
Hi, I have a Kubota L 2050 that blows off water out the radiator overflow when I'm mowing with a 6' wide finish mower. The coolant level is just above the radiator fins when it does this. The RPM that the motor is running out is about 2,200 or so not excessive by any means. The motor runs fine and doesn't appear to be lugging down. Last night I sprayed out the fins of the radiator with a garden hose. Do you have any suggestions and do you think the motor is even over heating? or could it be a bad radiator cap that isn't holding pressure??? Thanks for your insights

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You need to find out for sure if the engine is overheating. I have seen a bad radiator cap cause this though.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Yeah try changing the rad cap. Cleaning out the radiator would've been my other suggestion but you're on top of that. I take it that machine doesn't have a coolant temperature gauge?

aheberly

Equipment
L 2050
Apr 27, 2013
Thanks for your help!!
I bought a radiator cap and changed the air cleaner. Two days ago I mowed with the 6' finish mower for a few hours and the radiator didn't blow of steam. Then yesterday I puttered around stacking brush piles to burn and no problems as well. Then today I mowed with a 4' brush hog for a few hours, checked the brush piles I worked on yesterday then hocked onto the box scraper to do some road work and after running the tractor pretty hard it didn't blow off steam, so I think we nailed it. It was the radiator cap.

Sunday I bought an after market temperature gauge for the cooling system and tried to install it, but I couldn't find a pipe thread port to screw the gauge into. Does anyone know where I can screw in the temperature gauge at???

Thanks ALH

aheberly

Equipment
L 2050
Apr 27, 2013
Now that is cool!! Thanks Russel, I didn't realize they made a temperature gauge that is in line with radiator hose. Awesome that will fix it, and the cost appears to be $29 which is not bad considering what it would take to do something else.

Thanks ALH