Kubota KX161-3ST Front Blade Issue

TFordALA

Equipment
Kubota KX040-4
Jun 14, 2021
Alabama
I am still at a lose on this issue with my blade on this Excavator. .I have replaced the spool valve for the blade up and down. .I have had the cylinder checked and its good to go .Blade will not hold the machine up at all ..raises it fine. .let go of the handle and machine slowly drops back down. .If anyone has any ideas on what next to check would be great. The Rotary Joint is good. no leaks can be seen from it. I am at a lose here for what it could be causing the blade not to support the machine. It was working fine and all the sudden just dropped.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Maybe you should have the cylinder rechecked for internal leakage. About all that's left is linkage. Are you sure the lever is moving it's entire throw? I have had dirty/unlubricated linkage case strange problems on my mini's.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I am still at a lose on this issue with my blade on this Excavator. .I have replaced the spool valve for the blade up and down. .I have had the cylinder checked and its good to go .Blade will not hold the machine up at all ..raises it fine. .let go of the handle and machine slowly drops back down. .If anyone has any ideas on what next to check would be great. The Rotary Joint is good. no leaks can be seen from it. I am at a lose here for what it could be causing the blade not to support the machine. It was working fine and all the sudden just dropped.
Might be better if you would just keep one thread going, rather than starting a new thread each time you have a new thought.

How did you determine the rotary joint is good? You will not see internal leakage just looking at the outside of the rotary joint.

Obviously if the cylinder is not holding, leakage is occurring somewhere.

TFordALA

Equipment
Kubota KX040-4
Jun 14, 2021
Alabama
Maybe you should have the cylinder rechecked for internal leakage. About all that's left is linkage. Are you sure the lever is moving it's entire throw? I have had dirty/unlubricated linkage case strange problems on my mini's.
Ive checked all the linkages and they all move easy and nothing in the way and fairly clean.

TFordALA

Equipment
Kubota KX040-4
Jun 14, 2021
Alabama
Might be better if you would just keep one thread going, rather than starting a new thread each time you have a new thought.

How did you determine the rotary joint is good? You will not see internal leakage just looking at the outside of the rotary joint.

Obviously if the cylinder is not holding, leakage is occurring somewhere.
Your right but where could it be..if it was being forced back through the rotary joint it would be making either a drive motor move or the swing on the blade move but it does none of this. I am still thinking it could be the cylinder and I had it checked and was told it was fine. I replaced the spool vavle and all o-rings and no leaks from control valve anywhere.