Kubota G6200 hydrostatic issues.

jasonbldwn

Oct 12, 2017
united states cedar springs mi.
I am having an issue with my hydrostatic transmission on my Kubota G6200.
She started slowing down over the winter with my snowblower attachment installed. So I changed filter and used super udt 2 in it. Now it is hit or miss on functioning at all. Makes a growl when it does work. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I Makes a growl when it does work.
Did you change the HST cartridge filter as well as the mesh screen? Did you replace the orings when doing the screen. Did you check for old gasket on filter surface.

jasonbldwn

Oct 12, 2017
Did you change the HST cartridge filter as well as the mesh screen? Did you replace the orings when doing the screen. Did you check for old gasket on filter surface.
I changed the cartridge filter and checked all o-rings and the screen filter . There are no leaks at those locations. I pressure washed everything yesterday and found it leaking just behind the fan.

jasonbldwn

Oct 12, 2017
I have been talking to long term tractor owners and I described what was going on and they said I probably have a stuck bypass valve somewhere. It rolls up and down hills and won't stay put on my slightly angled driveway when parked and not running . The problem is I have no idea where to look for a stuck valve on my G6200.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
sounds like a leak on the suction side. If that's the case, you will not see any fluid leaking. But you'll sure notice a loss of performance. I have a G1900, had same problem-and found a suction pipe leaking at the top of the transmission. Replaced O-rings, problem solved-and had EXACTLY the same complaints (will freewheel down a hill, erratic HST operation, noisy, etc)-and BTW there was zero fluid leakage anywhere.

jasonbldwn

Oct 12, 2017
sounds like a leak on the suction side. If that's the case, you will not see any fluid leaking. But you'll sure notice a loss of performance. I have a G1900, had same problem-and found a suction pipe leaking at the top of the transmission. Replaced O-rings, problem solved-and had EXACTLY the same complaints (will freewheel down a hill, erratic HST operation, noisy, etc)-and BTW there was zero fluid leakage anywhere.
Where would I find the suction side? Do I need to disassemble the pump or transmission?