Kubota Financing and Down Payment

rookiemove2021

Equipment
None (yet)
Feb 5, 2021
New York
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster. I’m planning to purchase my first tractor this year (either L or LX). With the extended lead time on delivery a lot of folks have been experiencing I’m wondering if loan documents are signed and down payments are typically due when the order is placed or when the unit is actually ready for delivery. Not a deal breaker either way, just wondering if I’ll have a couple extra months to save and put more down for a lower monthly payment. Thank you all in advance!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would imagine they get the money up front ..... a down payment - hurry up and wait period - then you see orange!

I am curious WHEN the first "real" payment is due? 30 days after delivery?

What IS the lead time now days?

Reactions: 1 user

FarmerJohn

Equipment
LX2610SUHSD
Jan 25, 2021
NC
As fas as I know, they have to have the serial number for the documents, so it would have to be at or near delivery to the dealer. I included a couple implements with my tractor and they couldn’t generate the paperwork until they received the last implement, even though they had the tractor and other implements on site.

Different dealers might have different procedures, but you should even be able to put additional down before taking delivery if they do want some payment up front.

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster. I’m planning to purchase my first tractor this year (either L or LX). With the extended lead time on delivery a lot of folks have been experiencing I’m wondering if loan documents are signed and down payments are typically due when the order is placed or when the unit is actually ready for delivery. Not a deal breaker either way, just wondering if I’ll have a couple extra months to save and put more down for a lower monthly payment. Thank you all in advance!
No special financing on L series? They are doing some compact and sub compact still. If you can do 0 down and 0 percent it's a great deal.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I took delivery of my bx before I even made the down payment. First payment was the following month. Mine was 0 down 0 % but I decided to put 10% down just for a bit of a smaller payment.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Our LX was delivered in late December, 1st payment made in January. 0 down and 0% for 84 months. No penalty for early payoff. Gotta love it!

Reactions: 2 users

79 powerking

Equipment
1970 economy 1614 1979 powerking 1614 at least they're orange.
Feb 4, 2021
Lemont Furnace Pa
When i ordered my bx i was told we could do the paperwork online after the tractor was assembled. I was told when i placed the order last Thursday it would be ready in a week to 10 days.

Reactions: 1 users

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
For me 0 down and 0%. I gave my down payment the day I picked up my MX5400 and all the attachments. In this market, they are not worried about selling your stuff to the next guy thru the door apparently.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I had my down-payment when I placed the order but my dealer asked that I just give it to them when they delivered it.

Reactions: 1 users

Docpraise

Equipment
B2601, MMM, FEL, PF, BB, RTV 500
Nov 21, 2020
Eastern Kentucky
When I bought my B2601 and several implements a couple of months ago, I signed an order sheet with everything laid out. All the pieces came together quickly except for the rotary cutter. At the sales manager's suggestion we did a new order without the cutte. No money changed hands until I was ready to take delivery. At that point I put 80% down and financed the rest over 60 months at 0% to get favorable insurance terms. The dealer did not want any money until the tractor was ready to be delivered.