It dry fast looks good
Time will tell if I made the right decision,paint is expensive
Anyone used it in the past?

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
No, but I find paying more for good paint is worth it.
Just put Sherwin Williams on my shed, I can tell by the texture it is a "high solids" paint and will last a long time.

Reactions: 3 users

Bonaro

Equipment
L275DL
Mar 30, 2017
Olympia, wa
No, but I find paying more for good paint is worth it.
Just put Sherwin Williams on my shed, I can tell by the texture it is a "high solids" paint and will last a long time.
I wanted the color match the Kubota bluegreengrey but didnt want to pay $17 for each rattle can. I removed a part off the engine and had it color matched at Lowes using Valspar oil based paint. $15 for a full quart, painted all the mechanicals and had half the can left over

Reactions: 1 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
+ 1 on the color match. Kubopta ROPS grey is expensive and is semi gloss anyway.

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Funny, I did Just pay $17 for a rattle can of Rustoleum Farm Implement "Kubota Orange". Took a whole month to get here via Amazon too. I guess they saw me coming on that one. :(

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
tractor supply carry's quarts of Kubota implement paint (orange) & factory gray.

it was in stock last time i needed any.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
TSC is 7 bucks a rattle can of Rusto Kubby orange, you got screwed big time.

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Yea. I'm normally a bit more shrewd. I was thinking, "by the time I make it to TSC in the next days/weeks, Amazon will have it on my doorstep" so I fell victim to the one-click buy button. Weeks later I was like, "wonder where that can of paint is I ordered" went into my account and saw the price I paid and was like Holy $H^&. 😰

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Rust Oleum 7784830 Gloss Charcoal Gray is a dead-nuts match for Kubota gray but it's gloss. Might stand out if you touched up a spot on the chassis but is not noticeable on stand alone bolt-on parts. My Precision Mfg. grapple is painted with the same stuff and I plan on using the rattle can when I add some expanded steel brush guard material to the grapple next spring.

So far, no luck finding a Kubota orange match in a rattle can. I saw some Krylon in "New Kubota Orange" at Blain's but haven't tried it. The Krylon in the quart can turns creamsicle orange after a month in the Michigan sun...when it shines.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
One more time for the record....

Rustoleum Kubota Orange is Orange II
Magic Kubota Orange is Orange I.

Kubota OEM Orange I and II fade to Mary Kay pink in the sun after a while.

• Haha

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Funny, I did Just pay $17 for a rattle can of Rustoleum Farm Implement "Kubota Orange". Took a whole month to get here via Amazon too. I guess they saw me coming on that one. :(
I bought a can of Rustoleum Kubota orange like you, and had searched everywhere for the paint,
with zero luck. HD and Lowes both had all the other tractor colors but no Kubota. I notice now
that the qt cans of Kubota aren't available. Cripes can't paint dealerships see there is a need.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Most auto body supply stores can match and mix any color in enamel, Just need to bring them something that was painted Kubota orange. Many can also put it into a spray can for you. It isn't rocket science, it is paint!

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Most auto body supply stores can match and mix any color in enamel, Just need to bring them something that was painted Kubota orange. Many can also put it into a spray can for you. It isn't rocket science, it is paint!
I guess I am not a rocket scientist, as I had doubts that man paint companies can do a decent match, let alone put it in a spray can for me.

Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
One more time for the record....

Rustoleum Kubota Orange is Orange II
Magic Kubota Orange is Orange I.

Kubota OEM Orange I and II fade to Mary Kay pink in the sun after a while.

^^^^^^

IDK, mine is 27 years old and has seen a fair amount of sun. Hasn't faded too badly considering its age.

Factory Paint:

Just gave it a bath....so its clean, but that's all.

Bath1.jpg
Panels Clean1.jpg

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I second Van Sickle tractor and implement paint. My local tractor place ( used to be TSC) now North 40. They stock gallons, quarts, and rattle cans all a great prices. If you splurge and get polyurethane hardener, it lasts much longer and adds to the finish. I’ve painted implements, trailers etc. They make all the Kubota colors.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I guess I am not a rocket scientist, as I had doubts that man paint companies can do a decent match, let alone put it in a spray can for me.
Just think what a good job the auto paint suppliers do for auto body shops. A good automotive paint supplier can match about any color.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you want a decent looking paint job/repair on a Kubota tractor......
Remove a piece of your tractor from an area that is not faded, and take it to an auto body paint store.
They will match it for you.
Buy the hardener to add to their paint.

Use a good quality spray gun, and use a secondary moisture filter at the gun.
Make a few test passes on an old cardboard box, to get the pattern set correctly.

If you want a quick, short color life/crappy paint job,......use rattle cans!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have had both exterior and interior color matches for my 1962 Chevrolet. An interesting thing happens when you start to restore the interior of a car. The original paint doesn't match every piece of the interior. The reason is that the manufacturer didn't make or paint every piece, but gave it over to the supplier to paint the part prior to delivery. Since the interior is not that closely examined, the customer never realized that the glove box door didn't match the surrounding area. When you do a ground-up restoration, you invariably will make sure that everything matches or someone will point it out to you at a car show.