Kubota D1105 injection pump problems. Fuels at the pump but it's not taking fuel

jomeokee

Equipment
Kubota RTV 900, 1140, 2100 Mower , ZD331 Zero turn mower
Mar 26, 2024
Pinnacle, NC
First post on this forum.

I have a 1140 RTV with D1105 engine . 2900 hours. This engine has given some engine problems that I will list below.

1. Started with no fuel to injection pump.
  2. Replaced cam/engine powered lift pump. Ran fine
  3. Same issues so I changed to electric engine ran fine
  4. Same issues returned so replaced the solenoid and then had the ZEXEL fuel injection rebuilt.
  5. Fuel tank is spotless. There's not nothing in the tank but clean fuel.
We have fuel coming to the pump but it's not taking the fuel.
I engine went as far as to call the company and asked they bench tested the pump. This is a odd pump to me.
Their reply was that they bench test every pump they rebuild before it leaves their shop.

I am stumped and hope someone on this forum sees where I am missing the obvious.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Dumb question - have you opened/bled each injector with throttle wide open until bubble quit?

jomeokee

Equipment
Mar 26, 2024
Pinnacle, NC
Dumb question - have you opened/bled each injector with throttle wide open until bubble quit?
I haven't put the lines on the engine yet. I have turned the engine over with the throttle wide open. I can't figure out why we aren't getting fuel from all three ports on the pump.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You either didn't install the pump properly and get the rack pin into the right slot on the governor, or you have a solenoid issue.
I would have to look up which solenoid system you have Kubota uses both run and stop solenoids on their engines.

Reactions: 1 user

jomeokee

Equipment
Mar 26, 2024
Pinnacle, NC
You either didn't install the pump properly and get the rack pin into the right slot on the governor, or you have a solenoid issue.
I would have to look up which solenoid system you have Kubota uses both run and stop solenoids on their engines.
The solenoid pin retracts when the ignition is switched on. I have the solenoid out with the rack in the open position. Or at least I thought I did :)

One last thing... the engine is acting exactly like it did prior to installing the "rebuilt" pump

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The solenoid pin retracts when the ignition is switched on. I have the solenoid out with the rack in the open position. Or at least I thought I did :)

One last thing... the engine is acting exactly like it did prior to installing the "rebuilt" pump
Bottle feed the injection pump, do you still have a no flow issue?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I will do that. We may be supplying to much flow
There shouldn't be pressure or a high flow rate to the injection pump.
And if there is fuel in the injection pump, cranking it should put fuel out the delivery valves.

jomeokee

Equipment
Mar 26, 2024
Pinnacle, NC
There shouldn't be pressure or a high flow rate to the injection pump.
And if there is fuel in the injection pump, cranking it should put fuel out the delivery valves.

I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on what got me back running.

I was using an electric fuel pump. An in-line type that has been around for ever.
The ones that O'Reilly and NAPA had looked the same but were more money. I bought one off of Ebay.
The mechanic was running the eBay pump with it unhooked from the engine and noticed what appeared to be " A lot of air bubbles" in exiting the hose that dumped into a bucket.

I replaced the eBay pump with and Edelbrock in-line pump and it started with no issues. I / We never considered the pump as a problem. I rebuilt the Zexel injection pump that was okay too.

Thanks to everyone that offered advice.

Tom