Kubota D1105 and D1105T

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys,

i ws researching motor types that kubota has in the same range, my little B2420 has the D1105 engine and I found a used D1105T turbocharged engine for a reasonable price.
i was wondering has anyone tried putting a simillar or the same turbo to the stock D1105 engine, are they available to purchase or is there a substitute to the original?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The numbers might be the same since they both use the same block, however, the internal engine parts might be beefed up for the use of the turbo. If you want a turbo, I suggest that you swap the engine and make sure that all the turbo items that make up the engine are on the engine that you purchase.

Reactions: 1 user

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
The numbers might be the same since they both use the same block, however, the internal engine parts might be beefed up for the use of the turbo. If you want a turbo, I suggest that you swap the engine and make sure that all the turbo items that make up the engine are on the engine that you purchase.
Another thought is find the application that the turbo motor was in. Go to the parts books and compare part numbers for the internals....

Reactions: 1 users

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Thank you for your input guys, I use this tractor for hoeing and during the harvest season I use it to haul the grapes transport trailer back home. But over the past few months it seams it lost its power somewhat. Looking at different options.