Kubota BX25-D "Sure-Footer"

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Oh don't go and do that!:eek: Some of us REALLY like the work you do!
I know it gives me something to shoot for!
Na. That will never happen. Can't get rid of me that easy :D. Your to kind ;)

Wasn't trying to be insulting. Just a super fast way to do it that many aren't aware of. Now off to revisit your mods so i know what to do with my new-to-me L3940.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
No offence taken. I use a number of different ones but I'll check your out ;). Thanks!

New video uploaded today. http://youtu.be/fnCvMDumMYM

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Maybe I should stop posting here. ;)
Don't do that - your mods have me looking at welders!

My ability/tools for wood work (including trees) is pretty good.

My metal working ability/tools is close to zero. The most I work with metal is sharpening the chain on my 046 Magnum!

Your photos are an inspiration!

Wildfire

Equipment
Don't do that - your mods have me looking at welders!

My ability/tools for wood work (including trees) is pretty good.

My metal working ability/tools is close to zero. The most I work with metal is sharpening the chain on my 046 Magnum!

Your photos are an inspiration!
Na. I'm only kidding lol. Well if your good with wood then it won't be long and you'll be good with metal.
Glad you enjoyed the photos. I'm thinking about building a back hoe bucket so I may post each step of that project ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Na. I'm only kidding lol. Well if your good with wood then it won't be long and you'll be good with metal.
Glad you enjoyed the photos. I'm thinking about building a back hoe bucket so I may post each step of that project ;)
Yeah - knew that. I really enjoy the photos, and wanted to let you know.:cool:

BRAMEL

Equipment
Bx 1500...gone! Bx25D just arrived.
Dec 22, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Do you feel your newly improved pads would be of any benefit if they were only 3/4 the size of your new ones? How long did it take to fabricate these new pads? When will you make a little storage cubby box for the tractor? I'm always looking for somewhere to put my car keys while I'm on the tractor.

Wildfire

Equipment
Wow those stockers sure were dinky, should be a big help.
I saw your flag welding helmet in the one pic...me likey but i want one painted like our Unv of Maryland football team.
They have to be better than what was there because the OEM ones just weren't working at all. I like to use my Miller Elite Canadian hood during photos and videos. Got to show my Canadian pride :)

Do you feel your newly improved pads would be of any benefit if they were only 3/4 the size of your new ones? How long did it take to fabricate these new pads? When will you make a little storage cubby box for the tractor? I'm always looking for somewhere to put my car keys while I'm on the tractor.
This is a situation where I feel bigger is better. The smaller you go the more chance of sinking of the pad you'll get. This size was the max I would go though.

I didn't think a storage box was needed. I put my keys in the cup holder. Never lost them yet plus there the two tool boxes attached to the ROPS for storage.

kcservak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2250 with backhoe 72" finish mower and front dirt blade.
Sep 25, 2011
poughkeepsie ny
Hey Paul love your work this is off topic but I was wondering if you had any build pics of your ripper tooth AKA the claw and your quick hitch?
Thanks again.
Keith.
P/S I hope I can still learn what you have forgotten.

kcservak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2250 with backhoe 72" finish mower and front dirt blade.
Sep 25, 2011
poughkeepsie ny
He has tons of modifications on his Youtube channel, including the thumb/ripper

Hopefully this link get you there:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfLqRBaI3DGI6ocVUaN8r7Q

If not search this forum for posts started by Wildfire and he has links over to his posts on youtube.
Thanks Russell I did that and his links on here the pics have been removed and his you tube channel does not show the build it shows the tools I was looking for a little more detail.
Thanks for the help.
Keith.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
If you don't have the metal skills, you could make slipover wood pads with 2x4's that would just slide onto the factory shoes and pin or bolt to hold it. When they were all wore out, just buy another 2x4!

As to working with wheels off the ground on a backhoe, many times there are reasons for doing it. Usually if you a digging a certain way or types of materials it lets the stuff go under the tires and when you set down, your wheel is atop the loose soil so you don't have to 'climb' onto it. It doesn't hurt to dig with the wheels up unless you are on really loose stuff, then you do need as large of footprint as you can get!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well just think of your pads on steroids, really go half again as wide on each side and half again as heavy as they are now,,, Im guessing you could use some 3/8 plate as wide as you wanted to make it and weld side cleats on it or cross it for traction and to float, and the knuckle out of half inch plate, and make the base of the knuckles long enough to cover the area in the center to displace the weight more evenly so it doesn't buckle or bend in the middle. Just look at yours and then think BIG,, that should work,,lol
Mopar to ya