Kubota BX factory cab owners

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
A question for you BX factory cab owners. How do they block the screen below the dash to keep heat from being sucked out of the cab? A picture would be nice if its not asking to much! Thank you in advance!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
My memory is foggy on this, yet i do it every year on my dads BX for winter. There is a baffle that will draw air from under the machine or from the cab area. I cant recall if its removed and set aside, or if its just flipped around

Reactions: 1 user

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Not sure how the factory ones accomplishes this but, on my home brew, I've added a cover to block off air from the cab side and draw in from the cowl sides. I haven't looked at a factory BX cab but I'm guessing they would cover the screen below the dash and remove the plastic baffle below the battery tray to draw air from below.
Messick's or A Ritter Bit Will Do may have a video on Youtube showing how that is accomplished.
Hope this helps,
Regards

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Air intake is on the sides of the lower area, and there is a panel that goes on for winter so the warm air isn't drawn out of the cab interior. If it ever stops raining, I will post some pictures. There is a complete air plenum that goes over the air intake that is part of the tractor. The block off plate mounts to that plenum. It is not difficult to remove the plenum, however, reinstallation is difficult, especially since the rubber bottom edging isn't glued to the plenum, just friction fit. If you have to access the battery, the plenum must first be removed, and the the grille that Kubota installs that is held on by the one large plastic hand nut.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Ping I have seen your cab build...very impressive! I would love to know more about how you block that air passage off! Do you simply cover the screen?

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Dusty thanks! I will check under there I didn't know there was some type of duct work! 5" of rain yesterday! We should have some sunshine today so I will check it out!

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Ping I have seen your cab build...very impressive! I would love to know more about how you block that air passage off! Do you simply cover the screen?
Thanks for the compliment. Cover is installed over the factory screen and fastened to the cab. Factory screen stays in place. There are a couple OSB ribs that space the LDPE away to provide the air passage. Those zinc plated fastener heads you see on the cover are their location. Left over packing foam is used top and bottom to close up the bigger holes. If you need more pictures let me know. Cab won't go back on until around Thanksgiving but, individual components easier to get pictures of now.
Regards
Intake1.jpg

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Thank you Ping! I see just what that cover is doing! No further pics necessary!
Thanks again!