Kubota B1402m Serial Number and year of construction

89joka

Equipment
Kubota B1402m
Apr 4, 2024
Germany
Hello Kubota Traktor Fans!

I have a problem with my little Kubota Tractor. Here in Germany if i want to use the tractor on a regular street, i have to have a license plate on the tractor. But i can only get that if i have paperwork for the tractor and a frequent Tüv-Check (they check brakes, lights, steering etc. every two years..).

My Problem is I can only try to get the paperwork if i have a Serialnumer and the year of construction.
Has anyone ideas on how to find those?
Maybe at least some hints? i have heard on some tractors have the year of construction is in the rims, or maybe there is an way to get a year out of the S/n of the engine?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Info on Grey Market is tough to find.
And specific information and details are nearly impossible.
Long shot you could try sending an email to Kubota Corporate or visiting a local kubota dealer if you have one, seeking information.
Now documentation is probably not going to happen.

The Tractors serial number should be stamped on the clutch housing by your left foot location.
The engine serial number will be stamped on a flat just to the side of the injection pump facing up.
Now having the info will not do you much good, because there is no widely know data base on the year based on serial number of the tractor or the engine.
I don't know of any year identifiers in any of the stampings or numbers on the tractor.
That model was made from 1981 to 1985, more were made in 1985 than any other year.

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
Mine was a pain also to register in British Columbia Canada,they also wanted a year,mine was made 1978-1983,I picked 1982,and they needed a picture of the model/serial number plate as it was not a typical 12 digit vin number,it is now in the system.