Kubota B 2320 won't start with key

Baclforty

Equipment
B2320
Mar 21, 2022
Here's what I have done, solenoid clicking with key, tractor put in neutral, forward reverse pedal greased and works normal, battery starts engine by jumping at starter, two safety switches under seat by passed, engine, , will not start with key when cold, after engine warms up tractor starts normal, anyone out there have any other suggestions?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
As for suggestions, it sounds like low battery voltage or high internal resistance. Charge the battery and have it load tested. Clean the battery terminals and the connectors. Tighten securely. Follow ground lead to frame. Clean and tighten. Check your glow plugs. Sometimes the heating element fails.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Test light and follow the Start signal from the key switch, could be a fuse, a bad safety switch, a bad key switch, PTO switch, HST switch, OPC computer or relay.

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I would follow the wires from switch to starter. Unplug and inspect any connectors as it sounds like high resistance on the starter circuit. By jumping at starter(big post to small post right?) proves battery good and grounds are also good.

Reactions: 1 user

Baclforty

Equipment
B2320
Mar 21, 2022
I would follow the wires from switch to starter. Unplug and inspect any connectors as it sounds like high resistance on the starter circuit. By jumping at starter(big post to small post right?) proves battery good and grounds are also good.
I used the tractor for 1/2 hour and the tractor started normal once the tractor was hot but when cold I had to jump it. So I took it to a dealer and they seemed to think it is the starter but not really sure. sure got me stumped.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
so ..
when cold, jump at starter, starter works fine...
when warm, key powers starter, starter works fine...

dealer 'thinks' you have a bad starter !!! really ?? It WORKS as it should, providing it gets the 'signal' to operate so HOW is that a 'bad' starter ???

I suspect a bad ignition switch. How old is the tractor, hours, where kept, etc.
If possible, with engine cold, remove ignition switch, find the two wires in the connector and jumper them...if starter spins, then it's the ignition switch.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
It is possible as the heat in the starter maybe causing a connection issue, but, before I replace the starter I would wire a 12 volt(194 bulb) bulb to the small post(at starter) and ground(battery negative). When it wont start verify the bulb is bright. If bright-starter, if not wiring/connector/switch issue. Also if not bright move the ground wire(test bulb) to the starter mounting bolt. Again have you cleaned(remove and sand) all grounding bolts/starter cables?

Baclforty

Equipment
B2320
Mar 21, 2022
Found the problem, there is a safety switch under the tractor where I figured out was the culprit. So I adjusted the switch where it would be a hair closer to a rod that it hit against. Now mind you the rod isnlt from the forward and reverse pedals, have no idea what operates the rod but that is another day to investigate. So the tractor starts fine now. Oh by the way I took it to a dealer and they couldn't locate the problem. Amazing what you can do if you are persistent

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Found the problem, there is a safety switch under the tractor where I figured out was the culprit. So I adjusted the switch where it would be a hair closer to a rod that it hit against. Now mind you the rod isnlt from the forward and reverse pedals, have no idea what operates the rod but that is another day to investigate. So the tractor starts fine now. Oh by the way I took it to a dealer and they couldn't locate the problem. Amazing what you can do if you are persistent
Another positive is you now know where NOT to take your tractor if you suspect an electrical problem... ;)