Kubota 3561 finish mower help needed

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Kubota 3561 3pt finish mower help needed

I have a 5 foot Kubota 3561 three point finish mower I picked up last year but plans for it fell through so I am going to fix it up a bit and resell it.

Can someone who owns one get a picture of the underside of the deck for me please. I looked at mine and it has no windage plates or whatever they are called around the blades and it looks like there was at least one from the broken welds I see around the blade closest to the discharge and nothing for the other two.

Also I am wondering if another company built these things and rebranded them for Kubota as I have a lot of it disassembled to replace the seals in the gearbox and there is not one single metric bolt on this which if it was a true Kubota built item would be all metric which leads me to believe there is another company who built it.

I have searched the net for hours and have found several pics of older King cutters that look very similar.

I need to add front rollers to mine as it originally had front skid guides but they and the mounts are long gone so I was going to update it to a system like the newer ones have with 4 wheels.

I can find absolutely no parts breakdowns for this thing almost like they do not exist, can anyone help here?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you talking an L3561 three point finish mower?

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Yes it is a 3PT finish mower.

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Guess I stand alone in my own field of dreams with this one, must not be many out there to get help with from my Kubota brothers here.:confused:
I kinda feel like coyote in my avatar here on this subject lol.

Found a parts / owner, operation manual for it on e-bay for 12 buck free shipping so I ordered it up and will go from there.

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
If it only has rear wheels it may have been built by Woods. They had 2 swivel back wheels and used chains hanging from the tractor top link bracket to the front of the mower to keep it off the ground. Can you post a picture? I found this on the web. Left hand discharge and looks very much like the Woods mower I sold this summer. 90% sure it was built by Woods.

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Kubota L3561 has standard front wheels and optional rear gauge wheels.

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
If it only has rear wheels it may have been built by Woods. They had 2 swivel back wheels and used chains hanging from the tractor top link bracket to the front of the mower to keep it off the ground. Can you post a picture? I found this on the web. Left hand discharge and looks very much like the Woods mower I sold this summer. 90% sure it was built by Woods.
That one in the pic is what I have exactly and no front wheels on mine from pictures it came with guide skids which are missing on mine and it has the front chains on it too. I looked over tons of old photos and the King cutters still look closer to the Kubota then the old woods do, most of the woods had a different gearbox setup.

I double checked and mine has no letter "L" in the model number.

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
That one in the pic is what I have exactly and no front wheels on mine from pictures it came with guide skids which are missing on mine and it has the front chains on it too. I looked over tons of old photos and the King cutters still look closer to the Kubota then the old woods do, most of the woods had a different gearbox setup.

I double checked and mine has no letter "L" in the model number.
Ok --I was just trying to help
You can get the parts breakdown on the kubota parts web site.

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
I ordered a manual off e-bay, will go from there.

The online parts diagram doesn't show a bottom view of the deck which is what I need the most to see if I am missing a windage plate or whatever they are called.

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Got the manual in the mail yesterday and it answered my questions and more so now to get it into shape for use / sale.

If anyone needs any info for this let me know and I can scan some pages and post them up.

hockeypeterpuck

Jan 1, 2020
Mabou nova scotia
I have a kubota 3561 finish mower . sounds like the same mower you had. I need a gearbox for it and Im wondering if you ever found out who made the mower for kubota
thanks

Reactions: 1 user

Talkstogoats

Equipment
L3901, B8200 ....and stuff
Jun 7, 2020
North AR
I have a kubota 3561 finish mower . sounds like the same mower you had. I need a gearbox for it and Im wondering if you ever found out who made the mower for kubota
thanks
I am in the same boat and could use that same info as well..
I have a bad gearbox on my mower (purchased new in 1980) I located a new replacement gearbox several years ago, but the dealer wanted 800.00 for it at the time....
Needless to say, he still probably has it....
I would love to get this back in service with either a new part, a rebuilt one, or something that will serve as a replacement.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I run a Massey 60" finish mower that only has adjustable rear wheels and front chains. I had to rig up my chain holders to my ROPS mounting posts with U-bolts as the chains wouldn't fit in the stock position. Might not be a problem on yours - my ROPS is welded to the PTO housing.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I run a Massey 60" finish mower that only has adjustable rear wheels and front chains. I had to rig up my chain holders to my ROPS mounting posts with U-bolts as the chains wouldn't fit in the stock position. Might not be a problem on yours - my ROPS is welded to the PTO housing.
Can’t imagine what the chains accomplish other than to endanger you. The 3pt arms should support the front of the mower.

Talkstogoats

Equipment
L3901, B8200 ....and stuff
Jun 7, 2020
North AR
Can’t imagine what the chains accomplish other than to endanger you. The 3pt arms should support the front of the mower.
It allows the front of the mower to "float" with the terrain without the use of front wheels.
Once hooked up and the chains are set to the proper height, you lower your three pt hitch arms until the chains carry all the weight.
when an obstacle, or ditch is encountered, you raise your three pt arms and lift the mower... the chains go slack, but stay in place and remain set.
there is absolutely no danger - other than that normally encountered during any other mowing operation of course.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I have always seen the chains that you have used to increase the flexibility between the tractor and the mower. The ridgid top link is removed to allow the mow to flex behind up and down behind the tractor. I would use the chains as a replacement for the top link. As you drop the rear tires of the tractor into a ditch the chains will collapse and allow the rear of the mower to come up. Going forward the wheels of the tractor climb out of the ditch and the chains will restrict the rear of the mower from dropping to far to cause damage. This done while the 3 point arms hold the front of the mower which may need adjustment if the ditch is deep. As you are showing the chains they are a replacement for the 3 pt arms. This is often used with rotary cutters due to the distance from the lift pins to the rear wheel.