Kubota 2550 no starting...

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
Hi, I new in this site, I was working with my tractor(l2550)when suddenly it stop. After a few minutes, I try to start it,run for a few seconds (30,40 sec)and stop again. I'm thinking that is something to do with no getting fuel. What can I do?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Can you tell us more of what happened and what you were doing just prior to it dying on you? We need as much info from you that we can get to help narrow down and pin point the problem.

Your fuel problem could be from air in the lines because you replaced the filter. Or maybe the fuel filter needs to be replaced and debris is clogging up the flow of fuel. It could be a deeper problem and maybe the fuel pump is gone or injectors need to be replaced.

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
Hi Eric, thanks for your replay..... I was mowing the lawn with my pto, everything was running fine, when the tractor dies off. I checked for fuel , was full, battery was charge . I check all connections , everything looks normal. After 20', try to start the tractor, it runs for a few seconds and stop again. This morning I try again ,runs for a few seconds and stop again.Engine will turn ok. Thanks,Daniel.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Have you replaced a fuel filter and forgot to bleed the lines? If not check the bottom of the fuel tank and see if something is blocking the drain port to the lines.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Eric is there a cutoff valve on the fuel filter or does that model have a cutoff solenoid that may have a fault?

Has it been run empty of fuel lately?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
HUMMM thats a good question Tim, far as I know its a cut off valve on the line before the filter.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I was just wondering if it could have been an electrical fault cutting off the fuel.

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
I doubt it on an L2250, to old of a tractor to have an electric fuel pump. It was built from 85-90
Yes Tim it has a cut off valve..... Last night try to start it again, runs again and stop after a few seconds. I m planing to change the fuel filter and check if fuel is coming front the tank.Thanks, Daniel.

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
Indeed, give your fuel filter a good eye before you change it, fluid should be clear/amber and the filter material shouldn't be black, look for water in the bottom too. Air drain screw on the top of the filter housing, bleed out all the air before trying to start. . hoping its not your fuel pump.

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
Have you replaced a fuel filter and forgot to bleed the lines? If not check the bottom of the fuel tank and see if something is blocking the drain port to the lines.
Eric, I just removed the fuel filter(looks fine!) cleaned all around and when I opened the cut off valve no fuel is coming out. Isn't it supposed to work by gravity? Should I remove the cap from the gas tank? Do you think that the port coming from the gas tank could be blocked? If so, what is the best way to do it - remove the tank and clean it or just blow off the line with air? How difficult do you think it is to remove the tank?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Daniel

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I'd blow back up into the tank with the cap off and see if that clears it. If so I'd try to siphon the crap out or remove the petcock and flush it without removing the tank if possible.

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
find the problem!!! before the cut off valve is a little piece of hose that connect the fuel tank with the cut off valve.....was old a clogged, fuel was not coming out. Replaced and now its ok. Thanks you all for the advice and help!!!! go Kubota!!! Daniel.