Knowing what you know now, would you buy the same tractor again?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
^^^^
I think a lot of us 'would' have purchased the L3901 / L3902 if it didn't have emissions and computer controls.
Absolutely true sir...... My response was based on our current reality of ".gov over-reach" and emissions laws BS.

I still love my 2501, but I would have probably stepped up to a 40 series to get the more capable loader if I was in fantasy land.

No emissions was a huge factor in my decision.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
No regrets on my m7060. I almost chose a less hp tractor to save a few bucks but not wanting to really downsize to much and availability put me into the m7060. Had a ford 5600 before but she was pretty tired. Super glad I pulled the trigger before prices climbed up like they have. One year later would have cost me close to 20k more for same tractor. only regret was that I sold the Ford. Not that I would’ve ever worked it again but it would’ve been a fun restoration project. I just couldn’t say no to the amazing offer I received for it plus it would’ve had to live outside unprotected until I could get around to the project or put the new one outside to have old blue inside. No chance on that. I already have a long enough list so I thought it was best to let someone else have it.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Yes, I would keep what I have.

I replaced a JD1025R with a B2601. The JD was too small and too low to the ground.

The B2601 is exactly the size I needed.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
I got lucky as I was looking for a used B series and stumbled on a L3901 that has really fit my needs. I have pushed it to limits and it has been rock solid to date. I would definitely buy another one!

Reactions: 4 users

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I had a Kioti L3054 for 17 years and it did a good job around the 60 acre property. That tractor ownership helped me spec out my L4760. I wanted a stronger loader but stay with a tractor size for operating in wooded areas. I would buy the l4760 again.

Actually, I have been pleased with all of my Kubota equipment and they still fit my needs. I would buy all of them. Don't know if I could afford to replace them.

Reactions: 3 users

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
My tiny BX25D, while more tractor would be more capable, it would not be as maneuverable. I can drive the BX between fence gates 48" wide. That enables me to get into the yard without having to disassemble the fence or have giant gates. I can also drive through the woods around all the trees, fitting into tight spots. If... I need something bigger, I have neighbors with everything up to massive excavators, all who love to pop over and help with projects. My little guy is the smallest of the bunch and does get called on from time to time for that very reason.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
I wanted a stronger loader but stay with a tractor size for operating in wooded areas. I would buy the l4760 again.
Curious to know, why the 4760 vs 4060? Doesn't sound like HP was a concern for you?

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
My tiny BX25D, while more tractor would be more capable, it would not be as maneuverable. I can drive the BX between fence gates 48" wide. That enables me to get into the yard without having to disassemble the fence or have giant gates. I can also drive through the woods around all the trees, fitting into tight spots. If... I need something bigger, I have neighbors with everything up to massive excavators, all who love to pop over and help with projects. My little guy is the smallest of the bunch and does get called on from time to time for that very reason.
I'm kind of in your situation. Happy to discuss by messaging and keep the noise down here.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
Curious to know, why the 4760 vs 4060? Doesn't sound like HP was a concern for you?
The added HP was not a factor in my decision. I did take into consideration that the L4760 has the same engine as the higher HP L series without the turbocharger. My thought was same block and lower output may = longer service life and less stress on the drive train.
The l4760 has the upgraded front axle, upgraded hydraulics and uses the 1055 loader. It has the same loader capacity as the L6060. In my case I don't need class 2 3 point lift arm/PTO capacity. I looked at the L4060 but the upgrade to 4760 was not much more $$$$ and the increase loader capacity made up for the price difference.

Reactions: 3 users