Kitchen and Bath Faucet Manufacturers - Your Favorite?

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I also agree with the Moen crowd. I did install American Standard in a bathroom that I renovated a few years ago since my wife preferred the style. They were not the solder type and one fitting split a day after I installed the male fitting into it. Another split a year later. I ended up installing hose clamps over all the fittings for a bit of insurance. They have inner and outer threads that just do not have enough material in the center. In all the years in the A/C trade I seldom experienced this.

And yes 95 pounds seems way too high. I run our pressure system at max of 60 pounds and use a water softener. Even local city water is at 75 pounds max. I would think that insurance companies would have an issue with high water pressures especially if using pex. Our insurance company charges higher rates if house has any pex in it for the main plumbing system.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My rentals are all on the same aquifier we are so they are all as bad as ours is. I bet I've replaced about 30 faucets so far. The cheapo plastic ones always last longer, but none are forever. What I really go through is aerators. The calcium destroys them. Great to live in rural America.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I also agree with the Moen crowd. I did install American Standard in a bathroom that I renovated a few years ago since my wife preferred the style. They were not the solder type and one fitting split a day after I installed the male fitting into it. Another split a year later. I ended up installing hose clamps over all the fittings for a bit of insurance. They have inner and outer threads that just do not have enough material in the center. In all the years in the A/C trade I seldom experienced this.

And yes 95 pounds seems way too high. I run our pressure system at max of 60 pounds and use a water softener. Even local city water is at 75 pounds max. I would think that insurance companies would have an issue with high water pressures especially if using pex. Our insurance company charges higher rates if house has any pex in it for the main plumbing system.
Interesting. All my rentals are in PEX as well as our home. Never been an issue but then I limit my pressure to a maximum of 55-60 psi. Our carrier don't care what type of plumbing it is. never have asked.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Watch this and you'll be surprised.
That's the first I've ever heard of an insurance company charging more for PEX in a home. :unsure:

I have all PEx plumbing and Pex for the hydronics system.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Interesting Wolfman but no residential system will ever see static pressures over 100 psi so long as the limit switches are working correctly and I don't believe a submersible pump will push more than 150 psi anyway. I won't use 'Sharkbite' fittings, All mine are bad crimp.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Moen all in my house, and some of them are really old faucets and such and still work just fine. My mother recently upgraded her kitchen and put in a really nice moen kitchen faucet, one of the expensive fancy ones and she loves it. Its been in place for a year now.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Watch this and you'll be surprised.
That's the first I've ever heard of an insurance company charging more for PEX in a home. :unsure:

I have all PEx plumbing and Pex for the hydronics system.
I think the insurance companies are still thinking it is like the grey plastic piping that was the first attempt at replacing copper many years ago. I remember seeing write-ups in plumbing magazines in the 80's regarding the issue. The pipe itself was fine but the fittings had a habit of opening up inside walls.
Good luck with your house build and stay safe.