Keeping rock on the drive

S Chamblee

Equipment
6 foot tiller, land plane, 6 foot bush hog, 2 row hipper
May 10, 2017
Mississippi
I maintain my driveway with a 6 ft land plane that does an awesome job but what it is not good at is pulling the rock back to the center of the drive.. THe driveway seems to get a little bit wider each time :eek:… What is a good implement that will pull the stray rocks back onto the driveway?? I am thinkings something with a tilted blade maybe, like a road grader??

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I also use a grading scraper (land plane) for maintaining my driveway plus a mile of shared road. To bring the gravel back to the center and crown the driveway and roads I use a rear blade tilted as far as possible by adjusting the 3 point hitch.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Angled blade or if you just want the rock without all the dirt a angled landscape rake works great. ;)

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Angled blade or if you just want the rock without all the dirt a angled landscape rake works great. ;)
I second the landscape rake, that is what I use.

We have nearly 3/4 mile of drive and a couple of large parking areas that are rock.

I level the road removing all ruts and holes then angle my landscape rake and make 3 passes down each side a number of times to pull the rock and leaving the dirt and sand as it back to the center.

It works well and I use the rake for pulling dirt back into my garden after rains, love the Everything Attachments rake. It was little costly and some options it has I may never use but it is built TOUGH and is rigid.

Redtoorange

Equipment
B2650, BH77, 63" front mount snowblower, land pride bb,fel
Apr 7, 2017
Ont, Canada
I use my bb then landscape rake, I have to pull the 3/4 " rock out of the grass in the spring and the rake works great. It also gets rid of the leaves and branches off the lawn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk