Just purchased L4760

tdogg

Jan 8, 2018
West Rupert, VT
Hi folks. Appreciate all the info found on this forum. I finally pulled the trigger on a new L4760. Along with the tractor I am getting: LA1055 FEL, 3rd function valve, RCF2072 bush hog, RGC1060 grapple, block heater. I will get the rear tires loaded with Rim Guard.

The tractor will be used on a hilly property in Vermont. Primary uses will be using a grapple to clean up the woods, meadows, orchard, etc..., bush hogging about 10 acres, hauling firewood, etc...

Is there anything else I should consider? Pallet forks? Can anyone provide feedback on the RGC1060 grapple?

I'll look into adding photos.

Thanks!

Attachments

williamsrt

Equipment
n/a
Jan 28, 2018
Hooper Utah
Hi folks. Appreciate all the info found on this forum. I finally pulled the trigger on a new L4760. Along with the tractor I am getting: LA1055 FEL, 3rd function valve, RCF2072 bush hog, RGC1060 grapple, block heater. I will get the rear tires loaded with Rim Guard.

The tractor will be used on a hilly property in Vermont. Primary uses will be using a grapple to clean up the woods, meadows, orchard, etc..., bush hogging about 10 acres, hauling firewood, etc...

Is there anything else I should consider? Pallet forks? Can anyone provide feedback on the RGC1060 grapple?

I'll look into adding photos.

Thanks!
Awesome tractor. Congratulations

Randall

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I have a 4060 with the SGC 1072 grapple, I love it. wish it was a little taller so the jaws would open a little more, but not terrible at all. it's by far my favorite implement. I have a bucket with hooks, forks, bale spear, skid steer style post hole auger, slip clutch tiller, 1872 rotary, bb1272 box blade. the box blade is way way too light and I'm under impressed with it's performance. the 1872 my only regret was not getting rear chain guards because it tends to fill up the deck on thicker stuff and bog me down a bit. the tiller is awesome. the pallet forks and bale spear are very useful, the bucket with hooks is very useful. love my skid steer auger too. definitely get yourself a quick hitch.

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have a 4060 with the SGC 1072 grapple, I love it. wish it was a little taller so the jaws would open a little more, but not terrible at all. it's by far my favorite implement. I have a bucket with hooks, forks, bale spear, skid steer style post hole auger, slip clutch tiller, 1872 rotary, bb1272 box blade. the box blade is way way too light and I'm under impressed with it's performance. the 1872 my only regret was not getting rear chain guards because it tends to fill up the deck on thicker stuff and bog me down a bit. the tiller is awesome. the pallet forks and bale spear are very useful, the bucket with hooks is very useful. love my skid steer auger too. definitely get yourself a quick hitch.

VIRGINIA -- which Tiller you running (model?) and is it reverse tine or forward tine...Ive been told only get forward tine to keep from catching on rocks and etc. (tilling virgin ground) -- but the reverse does such a much better job with one pass....

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
it's a landpride, reverse with a slip clutch, 74" wide, I have no issues with them hitting rocks, no damage. we live in rock country, we grow them here, it kuthunks and goes up and over, I dig out the rock/rocks/shards, and go back over it. It is a RTR 1274

I've used it pretty heavily and I like it.

ccs

Equipment
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
it's a landpride, reverse with a slip clutch, 74" wide, I have no issues with them hitting rocks, no damage. we live in rock country, we grow them here, it kuthunks and goes up and over, I dig out the rock/rocks/shards, and go back over it. It is a RTR 1274

I've used it pretty heavily and I like it.

VIRGINIA — Thanks - I’m deciding in next week or two between an L3901 and an L4060 - one of these to be my smaller everyday chore tractor (scoop dirt, gravel, run tiller, etc.) - as I already have an M5-111 which is too big for these everyday tasks...

Price is less of a consideration that getting the right size tractor - both physical size and HP - but since 4060 and 3901 similar HP it’s more about which feels right as an everyday smaller but capable machine...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OUTSTANDING !!! Enjoy your new toy,,,errrr TOOLs I meant TOOLs ;)

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
ccs, while I don't have a larger tractor, I have a 4060 and love it for it's size and it's very nimble. but more importantly, for dirt work and things of that nature the HST+ is vastly superior to the standard HST, the loader is stronger, it's heavier for ground engagement, the smooth floor is nicer, the HST is smoother, better seat, better control layout, if money isn't really a problem, I'd go grand L every single time without hesitation.

ccs

Equipment
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
ccs, while I don't have a larger tractor, I have a 4060 and love it for it's size and it's very nimble. but more importantly, for dirt work and things of that nature the HST+ is vastly superior to the standard HST, the loader is stronger, it's heavier for ground engagement, the smooth floor is nicer, the HST is smoother, better seat, better control layout, if money isn't really a problem, I'd go grand L every single time without hesitation.

Virginia -- agreed Grand L features head and shoulders above Standard L -- my concern is size of the machine -- I hadnt yet but may also take a look at the L3560 - still Grand L just a bit closer in size to the L3901...

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I would think the 3560 would be fine, it's just a tad less PTO power, I can't imagine you would notice the power difference in dirt working applications. we gave serious thought to a 3560 cab before we had decided on a 4060 open, I'm going 6060 cab next time. it will be pricey, but worth it.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I have an L3560 grand and love it. You will loose traction before the tractor gives up even blowing wet snow is no problem for it. This is my 3rd Kubota and by far my favourite.

tdogg

Jan 8, 2018
West Rupert, VT
Any pallet fork recommendations for my L4760 w/LA1055? I found the 48" Titan Attachments on Amazon for $659. Or there is the Land Pride PFL3048 at my dealership. I think they want $820. From my understanding these pallet forks have a much higher capacity than my loader capacity... Thanks!