Just puchased 6 acres, now what??

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Now you need dog yard and dog door! 😁
That's in the works. 👍👍👍 Just lack of time to get it done. Gotta get out of the rental this weekend and get it cleaned. I'm hoping in a couple weeks I'll be able to get started on the fence.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Whew.... last weekend was rough. We moved in last Saturday. We spent pretty much two weeks between the camper, the rental house and getting stuff into storage.

Got the rental cleaned Tuesday and turned back over to the property manager.

Had to extend the stairs going to the bedroom. They were steep and not very Gypsy friendly. After a week, she's finally got comfortable going down them without one of us having to stand by them for moral support 🤣😂🤣😂😂

Got finished today with putting stuff up. 👍👍👍👍

I've got internet scheduled to be installed on Tuesday.

Reactions: 5 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We settled in for the cold. Got the outdoor spigot insulated and the heating element for the heated water hose against the metal for the spigot under the insulation.

Got a barrel over the spigot to keep the wind off it.

Had one he'll of a storm come through the other night. Probably 5" of rain with wind gusting continually at 40mph.

Had a leak show up that morning in the camper 😲😲😲😲

Water was coming in around the sky light in the bathroom. And drilling into the shower 😬😬😬

Climbed up there and looked that night after work. Everything's fine around the sky light.

Figure the lateral rain got blown in around the fart fan and came from there.

It's supposed to get above freezing on Wednesday. So I'll quickly caulk around the fart fan cover to prevent water getting blown up under it.

Here's some pictures of the area today once the sun came out.

1000014012.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Camper leak may be coming in from father away than suspected. We had a leak in the rear roof seam that traveled in the ceiling and dripped from shower fan. Costly error on my part.
Just a suggestion, watch for ice dams. Freeze / thaw cycles can do some serious damage if it gets in a caulk crevice. Been there , done that.
Spring is coming !

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren - you guys aren’t suited for cold and snow - camper makes it more challenging.

Not telling you anything you don’t already know after living in Vermont.

Hopefully you guys warm up in short order .👍

Water leak doesn’t sound good, but was really windy with heavy rain all the way up here.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Camper leak may be coming in from father away than suspected. We had a leak in the rear roof seam that traveled in the ceiling and dripped from shower fan. Costly error on my part.
Just a suggestion, watch for ice dams. Freeze / thaw cycles can do some serious damage if it gets in a caulk crevice. Been there , done that.
Spring is coming !
Yes sir, that's why we have insurance on it as well.

That storm was pretty hellacious with a strong lateral wind. I crawled all over the top the other day checking seams and such and didn't find anything. Worst comes to worst, I'll pick up a few cans of the spray sealant they advertise on tv and spray everything in sight 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

At least the drip was into the shower and not over the bed 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren - you guys aren’t suited for cold and snow - camper makes it more challenging.

Not telling you anything you don’t already know after living in Vermont.

Hopefully you guys warm up in short order .👍

Water leak doesn’t sound good, but was really windy with heavy rain all the way up here.
So far it really hasn't been bad. Electric bills been high since we are running the electric fireplace for supplemental heat and to cut down on propane usage.

I insulated around the camper with foam board and that really helped.

Put plastic on the windows to cut down on drafts, etc....

This cold snap has been a little bit of a challenge since it got down to 8°f last night. And similar tonight.

I picked up a couple extra 30lb propane bottles. Got the empty one filled today.

So I'm sitting on 80lbs of propane as back up, plus a full 30lb bottle in the camper. Check the gages on the camper tanks and the one we are running off is about 1/3 full.

I'll have to switch out a 30lb bottle tomorrow morning. But we have an automatic valve that switches to the full bottle. So no trips out in the middle of the night to switch the valve over to the other tank. 👍👍👍👍👍

During the cold snap, a 30lb bottle is lasting about 3 days.

We've been averaging 7 to 10 days on a 30lb bottle, so it hasn't been too bad.

We'll have a couple weeks of this crap, and then we'll be back to 7 to 10 days on a bottle.