Just Picked Up A L235DT

jasons

Dec 30, 2011
Hallsville, MO
I had a L225 last year that I loved, but the 2wd wasn't working too well for me. I've been looking for a nice DT for a long, long time. I finally found the 1 owner set-up I was looking for. Unfortunately it was a week after I bought a 4wd L2050, so that will be for sale.

I'll get better pictures as soon as I can.

Here's the old L225:

...And the L235DT
I have the factory 60" Belly Mower and 6' Hydraulic Front Blade detached, so this may be a good time to go through and clean them up a bit.

My red Dodge needed to be picked up from the shop 1.5hrs away and the Kubota was 2hrs away in the same direction. I took my white Dodge & trailer with my Wife and kids with the intention of dropping my Wife and a couple of the kids off with the red Dodge to drive it back home while I went on to look at the Kubota. Very long story short one of my Daughters got sick, so I needed to take my Wife and the girls back home and figure everything out myself. Loading was tough, driving was scary and unloading was nerve racking, but it turned out well, in case anyone was going to ask. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

BadAxeB

Equipment
B2100HSD
Nov 28, 2011
Michigan
"Loading was tough, driving was scary and unloading was nerve racking, but it turned out well, in case anyone was going to ask"

I bet!!!!!

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Yeah I bet. That Dodge looks like it's front tires are floating. How many double takes did you get going down the freeway? :D

Looks like a nice machine, good find.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Bet you did get some looks goin down the road.:D

Nice old Kubotas!!! I had a L245 for years and loved it. Wish I still had it!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
How in the hell did you tie down the tractor in the back of the Dodge?!?!?

And which tractor is for sale?

jasons

Dec 30, 2011
Hallsville, MO
It was a mess on my nerves to say the least.

The Red Dodge, ('93) had set in my field for about a year and I didn't realize until I got ready to pull away that the trailer lights didn't work, so I turned the parking lights on in the White Dodge ('95).

I just had the transmission rebuilt in the '93 Dodge and I was nervous about pulling such a large load right away, but the '95 was squatting pretty bad with the Kubota in the bed and the implements on the trailer.

Also, my tags were expired on the Red '93!

Yes, the '93 Dodge's front end was extremely light...it was all I could do to keep it between the lines on I-70 at 60mph. My hands were hurting from gripping the steering wheel so hard. I was way too busy watching the road ahead to look around at other people's expression.

The L235DT was simply in 1st gear low with the brake set and the wheels chocked. I figured if it didn't roll out of the bed while I loaded the Dodge on the trailer it would stay in there going down the road! The Kubota did collapse my wheel wells in the bed!

I drove the White 95 off the trailer and backed it around to the rear of the trailer. From there I set the trailer ramps on the rear bumper of the White '95 and drove the Kubota onto the trailer. I then moved the White '95 out of the way and unloaded the Kubota off the trailer.

I did all this Friday and Saturday and I'm still exhausted and not thinking clearly!!

Here's what I will be selling:
Kubota L2050 4wd
Kubota Factory 4-way Hydraulic Blade
Woods 5ft Bush-Hog
Befco 7ft Finish Mower, (originally sold by Kubota Dealership, so it was ordered in Kubota orange)

Once I get everything together and ready to sell, I'll post it in the classified section. It will be a couple weeks.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Good Lord Im all puckerd up just thinking about that ride

Surfishant

Equipment
Kubota L1 - 235DT
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
I absolutely love the 235DT. Ever since I brought it home the L2050 has remained in the shop.

-Jason
Hi Jason, is your model a L1-235DT as I have a problem with my PTO. It has a "H" type PTO selector and the lever doesn't budge. It moves from side to side but not up down 1-2 or 3-4 ??
Do you have a PTO restrictor lever on you tractor

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It has a "H" type PTO selector and the lever doesn't budge. It moves from side to side but not up down 1-2 or 3-4 ??
That doesn't sound like a PTO selector, that sounds like a range selector on the gear box. I'm not familiar with any PTOs with 4 speeds to them (doesn't mean they don't exist though). PTOs I'm familiar with normally have mid-PTO or rear-PTO to select, maybe a speed for 540 and 540E (unlikely on that vintage Kubota), and an engage/disengage clutch.

Surfishant

Equipment
Kubota L1 - 235DT
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
That doesn't sound like a PTO selector, that sounds like a range selector on the gear box. I'm not familiar with any PTOs with 4 speeds to them (doesn't mean they don't exist though). PTOs I'm familiar with normally have mid-PTO or rear-PTO to select, maybe a speed for 540 and 540E (unlikely on that vintage Kubota), and an engage/disengage clutch.
Hi Paul thanks for that.
I have split the tractor and the two selector shafts that slide in the gearbox, dont move in or out. I have placed a special camera inside the gearbox and it appears that there is a restrictor plate inside the gearbox that is controlled form a lever on the side of the gearbox. The selector lever is missing as i found a hose clamp with some O rings around a bolt that I am sure should hold a PTO restrictor selector lever of some sort ??

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Ah. Then you need someone who knows more than me!! But there are those on here who regularly take these machines apart. I'd suggest making your own thread, and perhaps in the maintenance section not the buying section. Photos would also be very helpful.