Just a reminder........

Cranblue

Feb 23, 2019
Lincolnton NC
A friend called yesterday to help him pull a tree off his tractor- had his loader too high carrying a tree and not watching it backing up. It slid down the loader arms and fortunately he had the wheel tipped up and it stopped it before it hit him. He's lucky all he needs is some cowling-instrument cluster- few switches and maybe a new tilt rack and wheel. This is the third time I have seen this in 50 some years of owning/operating tractors- the first 2 were not so lucky. Lots of reasons to carry your load low-

Bill
Was he using fork attachment ??

BCSB

Equipment
L5030-FEL-front mount blower and blade- ZG23- B2650
Mar 19, 2019
Wisconsin
He did have forks on. Lift your loader all the way-empty of course- curl back and watch the angle. Try it with your bucket too. You’ll see where rock rash comes from on the hood.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks for this thread. It's an excellent reminder of how safety needs to be paramount even when doing seemingly simple things. My biggest fear is rolling a tractor and I confess that I get anxious in situations that many might not even think twice about. This comes from a lack of experience on my part and not knowing where the limit of these tractors is.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks for this thread. It's an excellent reminder of how safety needs to be paramount even when doing seemingly simple things. My biggest fear is rolling a tractor and I confess that I get anxious in situations that many might not even think twice about. This comes from a lack of experience on my part and not knowing where the limit of these tractors is.
That’s good! Better safe than sorry.

Another gotcha that no one expects is when a branch or a vine catches on the loader valve and raises the bucket unexpectedly and over you go before you can stop.

Reactions: 1 users