JD 318... Gone

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
After taking delivery of my BX1870, I put my 1985 JD 318 and implements up on Craigslist. After a few weeks, I had some solid prospects. One guy bought the hydraulic tiller to pull behind his 322. I used a boom pole to lift that 300+ lbs. tiller into his truck bed. (I need some front weights when using that pole for lifting anything heavy.) He wasn't sure how he would unload it.

A former 318 owner bought the tractor and everything else (mower deck, blade, & snowblower). By this time, I had the FEL back on the Kubota and used chains to lift the blower and blade onto his trailer. I should have taken some pics, but I was busy. I suppose I should have called my wife out to take some pics... which she may have done after rolling her eyes.

The 318 served me well for 15 years, but it was time to upgrade to something to last me for the next 20+ years until we move someplace with no yard to mow, snow to move, and neighbors to help.

ZoomZoom71

Oct 25, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Congrats! I have an '84 JD316 I'm gonna work on selling, at some point. I'd like to rehab the deck, to try to get some more dollars out of it. We'll see if i ever get around to that. Haha

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
The guy who bought my 318 is going to do the same - sand blast the deck, fix the fender dent it had when I bought it, repaint, pull the engine to replace the oil pan gasket, etc.

Bobsfixit

Equipment
bx2350
Jun 13, 2015
Carmel NY
Had a JD 425 with Plow used only for snow,tired of getting stuck though it was heavily weighted and had single spaced chains!!
replaced with a BX2350 FEL and snow Blade Hoping it does the Job that JD did!!!!!

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
I used just the blower on the 318, so it only saw use if there were more than a few inches of snow. I'm planning on sticking with a snow blade on the BX so I can use it with any snowfall.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
car compulsive, are you describing the cemetery? " ...until we move someplace with no yard to mow, snow to move, and neighbors to help."

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
car compulsive, are you describing the cemetery? " ...until we move someplace with no yard to mow, snow to move, and neighbors to help."
LOL No, a condo - which some would equate to a cemetery. Granted, there will still be neighbors to help, they just won't need me to use a tractor.