I've solved the anti-clock pto issue on my B6000,part 2, there a few issues!!!!

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi all
Thought i update on the b6000 pto project, a few issues have come to light, nothing that cant be overcome but a problem nevertheless.

There is one thing anyone else who also has ideas of doing the mod should be aware of, the rear end casting, althought share similar fixings and mounting etc as the B6000, they are in fact longer, not a lot , but enough to be a problem.
here's one item that is efected, my FEL subframe will not fit back on now without modification at the rear of the side mount plates, becuse the rear axle casing is nowapprox 10 - 15mm further back the plate holes are way out.

Its not a big issue for me as i will just make new end plates to fit, so job done, but may be a major headache for anyone not wishing to do the mods.

Another small item is the this, the hydraulic top line into the 3pt hitch spool will not reach without some creative bending etc, again it wasnt an initial problem for me as i have a 50/50 setup of metal tube and rubber hose on my tractor so it just fixed on without problem, the bottom connection is not effected as the lenght issue is at the rear of the casing, not the front.

On the plus side a few things are this, the seat mounting plate is further back, and it does make a big difference to the seating position for a taller operator. also becuase the rear axle housing is a much more substantial item you can use the 7100 lift arms, and 7100 etc rops setups will now fit, the whole rear end is much stronger in general now.

In summary then, a few issues have come to light, overcomable, yes, but the in general terms, the benefits out way the problems without question in my view.

there you go, make your own descisions on if its for you, i for one am certainly happy with things so far.

rgds
rob

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
yep, i will upload some later this evening.

to both threads.
rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
pics of the problem areas i had.

subframe pics , the sections on the ground (axle mounts) are too short.
another pics show the extra lenght between the gear lever and seat mount, also the hyd bottom connection(which is no prob)

the extra lenght can be seen on the mating joint between the gearbox and rear axle casing.

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
just thought i post an upate on the project to date.

All appears to be running nicely, hooked up my gang mower today and tried it out, works really well, as do my other implements, its really nice to be able to swap them out between machines now.
I can really say that this has been a really well worth doing modification.
I will add a few pics of the completed B6000 shortly which includes the new fueltank/battery setup etc.

rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
a few pics as the finished project, well so far that is.;):)

Just for information purposes, i had to fit a new pto shaft oil seal, its the same part on the 7100 & 7001, it just pings out, nice easy repair.

The rear fenders are 7001 items aswell, prettywell the whole back end of a 7001....

and a couple more of my hst, having been overhauled by my aswell, i supose i better start using them now....;):D

rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi all,
Just thought i would update you on this project,well, basically it's all working great with no probs at all so far.
i've had my gang mower on the back last week and it worked very well, infact it works better on the new back end than it did on the original b6000 rear unit:).
had my log splitter on it yetserday and it was excellent too only slightly slower than when using it on my b7100, mainly becuase of the lower power output from the engine.

so all in all, project was a great success and was certainly worth doing, long live my new B60701 thingymajig.....:D;)

rgds
rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Anyone else tried this conversion, if so any issues to be noted for future reference to possible owners wanting to perform similar modification.
rob

rw01

Equipment
B6000
Mar 31, 2016
Novelty, Ohio
I am a new b6000 owner. I read the first part of this thread a week ago but can no longer find it. I am new to the forum. How do I get back to that thread. Can I ask questions directly?

Thanks rw

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
rw,
Top or bottom right is pages, pick the other page.

and if you click on Rob's name in orange you can PM him, he'll still active on here.

Last edited: