Its Robot fightin time...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
wasnt that on a long time ago and taken off the air?

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
It was but the people in the hobby have stayed at it. Seems to be revitalized for TV for the summer. I watched a little (one bout). Pretty stout machines.

Not sure what the rules are but it seems that the wheels must be exposed, a weak link.

I've been to a few web sites that sell parts for them. Not cheap. Easy to spend $100K on a serious machine that can weigh 200 pounds.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I don't remember the names, but my favorite, from the show, was the good ole American clawbot, with the flame thrower, that held up the fancy controlled swiss "human engineered" robot, over its head, and roasted him to a medium level...:D:D

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
wasnt that on a long time ago and taken off the air?
It was revived for a new season last year. ABC purchased a season two afterwards.

Think it's just like anything else on TV. It only runs during a particular season. It's just that time of year again for this season's run of shows to start.

All the Kubota Fabricators need to get together and build a Bot.... orange with big tires and a FEL of course.

Vraz

May 22, 2016
Stillwater, MN
Saw the next episode tonight (recorded). Must admit I find it borderline painful to watch. No idea what the rules are. Looks like very broad weight classes and obvious the "producers" (fingers desparately avoiding disparaging remarks about their education) value appearance over function.

Gotta be tough for those old-timers who still want to participate and need to submit crap-bots to be included. They like spinners due to their random nature so Team Whyachi is largely unneutered. Watching Christian Carlberg and his daughter compete with dual crap-bots really hurt. The one surprise was the combo grabber flamebot that actually used its flame successfully (opponent was garbage, but points for being the first flame-bot to do something.)
Am trying to forget the final cyborg-control useless-bot (yes, string burns and thin pastic melts-- that doesn't count-- very impressive engineering and completely stupid in a combat robot contest.)

Half the battles reminded me of politicians competiting for votes-- sad and pathetic. Replace them with cockroaches and have a proper battle!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Must admit I find it borderline painful to watch.
Agreed. Previous seasons had about 20min of jabbering per 3 min fight, this season seems to have increased the jabber per bout ratio to about 30 minutes per fight.:mad: