It's not only tractors that rollover

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Spills are never good, but home heating oil isn't as bad as gasoline. The microbes in the soil will consume the fuel oil over time, unlike gasoline, which keeps migrating down in the soil. Ever wonder where all that soil goes once it is contaminated?

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
They bring it to a plant in Waterbury and burn it.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
As if its not bad enough they are working round the clock and temps last night were in lower teens.
I'll drive my tractor us there to see if they need a 'real machine' to help out :)

as far as the asphalt goes - I meant what are they going to do with the road bed??? It's a fairly busy state road.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Spills are never good, but home heating oil isn't as bad as gasoline. The microbes in the soil will consume the fuel oil over time, unlike gasoline, which keeps migrating down in the soil. Ever wonder where all that soil goes once it is contaminated?
They burn it. I had a commercial bldg a while ago and pulled out a 4000 gallon gasoline tank that was like swiss cheese. Fortunately little gas actually got into the ground. I was told everything they took out of the 'grave' was burned.

D

Deleted member 47704

Must be a slow news day, all they news chicky talked about on the radio today was the fuel truck spill.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Wait a minute, no through trucks is gone from route 10 to 69 question. I haven’t been through there in a while. I know it is game on from 69 all the way out to 67
I've taken route 10 all the way to 67 many times... in a tractor trailer.

these days I'm triaxle dump mostly... and regularly travel from 42 to 67 .... again never saw any signs.

there is a rock quarry in beacon falls (on 42) so trucks are running either way out of there daily..

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
just to clarify, Did the State take the signs down?
Yes, its been years since they did.

The cop at the barricade told me they are taking out about 30 20yd dumpsters a day and this will probably go past next weekend.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Walked up there again with the dog this morning. One of the guys there said it will be at least another week before they open the road. He thinks they will have over 10k yds taken out by then, maybe more.

In the meantime I get a call from Fedex saying they can't deliver 2 packages because the road is closed. I explain to him that you can get to us coming from the east, that USPS, Amazon and UPS deliver here every day. He tells me he isn't a driver, only a quality assurance guy and starts to offer me 2 options - that's when I hung up.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: In the meantime I get a call from Fedex saying they can't deliver 2 packages because the road is closed.
man I feel for you..as if FEDEX never hear of GPS and alternate routes.....

meanwhile, IDIOTS here have closed the 2nd access to the real world here, now a 20KM(12 mile) detour to get literally to the other side of the town

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
and the final chapter. . .
They opened the road back today. I haven't seen what they did to put a temporary 'top' to the road. Tomorrow I'll take a walk up there to see. The DEP guy said they removed all the riprap along side of the road (just recently put in to prevent erosion), dug up the pipe going under the road and excavated down 17' well into the watershed area.
My checkbook isn't big enough for this job :(

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
and the final chapter. . .
They opened the road back today. I haven't seen what they did to put a temporary 'top' to the road. Tomorrow I'll take a walk up there to see. The DEP guy said they removed all the riprap along side of the road (just recently put in to prevent erosion), dug up the pipe going under the road and excavated down 17' well into the watershed area.
My checkbook isn't big enough for this job :(
Knowing how the State of Connecticut works, if the oil company can't pay for the clean-up, they will do the same thing that they did with all those homes with defective concrete foundations. Put a surtax on your homeowner's insurance policy to pay for someone else's screw-up. As for the foundations, that is a tax that will never go away long after the last foundation is replaced and paid for by the residents of the state. They will just keep collecting the money and dump it into the pool called the state treasury. CT doesn't have an income problem, they have a spending problem, both cities, towns, or state.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Knowing how the State of Connecticut works, if the oil company can't pay for the clean-up, they will do the same thing that they did with all those homes with defective concrete foundations. Put a surtax on your homeowner's insurance policy to pay for someone else's screw-up. . . .
The state does some things right:

State of Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection Instructions for Home Heating Fuel Dealers Registration
1. Check type of fuels or fuels to be sold, Oil/Propane.
2. Business Trade Name – Name that will be on vehicles.
3. FEIN number – obtained from IRS.
4. Connecticut Business ID number – obtained from Secretary of the State.
5. Location of where vehicles are garaged – physical location.
6. Applicant’s name and title – must be an officer of the corporation, member of the LLC, etc.
7. Device Type – fill in number and types of meters, exempt in Bridgeport, Norwalk, and Stamford.
8. Answer question of plumbing/ heating work. If yes, list names and license numbers of all licensed employees or subcontractors performing this work on second page of application.
9. Provide evidence of general liability insurance coverage and insurance to cover any potential environmental damage due to fuel oil spills. Coverage shall not be less than one million dollars (1,000,000.00) see sample certificate. Note: Certificate Holder must be State of Connecticut, Department of Consumer Protection, 450 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103.