It's a tractor, not a 4 wheeler.......Meet the 8th dwarf ........."Happy DUMBASS"!!!!

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Well there I am 0600 out trying to continue the trail/track this morning, and it starts to get a little mushy....

Should I abort this small section of path, or keep going to try to make try to make it the last 10 feet to drier land?????......Its been getting sketchy the last 30 feet or so, but I'm so damn close......

F'it, RAMMING SPEED SCOTTY!!!!!!!!

Well I be damned.....as I back up to take the next to last swath, my ass end sinks into what I can only call a "Mastodon Killer" of a muck hole.....

M#$#$%^^&&*&*R!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew my luck was gonna run out sooner or later.....

Man I tried everything, stuffing sh!t between the tires, rocking, pushing/pulling with the backhoe.....Nada....nothing....Zip.

The number one rule is, if you find yourself in a hole......Stop digging, dumbass.....

This is what it looked like just before it got really bad.

At some point my fat ass trips and I do a belly-flop into the the foulest smelling sh!t I have smelled in a long time....AGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

1000005513.jpeg

This is the "Happy Dumbass" trying one last ditch effort.

I have no idea why I am smiling.....I have just successfully broken the Guiness Book of World records for the most cuss words said in a row.....Then my wife says "smile" and like a dumbass, I do. .....LOL

I Dig out the D rings on the front tie down bracket, and try to pull it out with the Rhino's help.

20231111_102834.jpeg

20231111_102827.jpeg

1000005514.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
The last thing I tried was I switched out the ripper tooth for the bucket to give me "more "surface area" for pushing.

(that was fun carrying it through that muck....must have fell 5 more times, not that it matters after doing the "Triple Lindy" the first time)

Then I yelled "hit it" and my wife took off like a "bat outta Hell" in "Diff Lock" with about 10 feet of slack and the Rhino yanked as hard as it could on the "snatch strap" as I used Stonewall to push......5 more tries and we were free.

Here is the "recovery crew" in front of the dirtiest the General Lee has ever been.

1000005522.jpeg

1000005526.jpeg

We all had our jobs......

Granddaughter did the "crying" for us all.....

Grandson asked 1.75 million questions......

Wife pointed out the obvious for everyone...."you probably shouldn't have gone this far...." and "Wow you got it really stuck!"......and "wow that sh!t stinks..."

And I did all the cursing, shoveling and mud bath taking......

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Not that I'm sure it will happen again but if it does maybe you could put tow strap or chain on your bucket and anchor the other end to a tree and use your bucket by either curling or some other maneuver to pull yourself out. A chain doesn't have any give to it like a tow strap does but in a pinch a tow strap would work. Been there done that.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Not that I'm sure it will happen again but if it does maybe you could put tow strap or chain on your bucket and anchor the other end to a tree and use your bucket by either curling or some other maneuver to pull yourself out. A chain doesn't have any give to it like a tow strap does but in a pinch a tow strap would work. Been there done that.
I tried that first, but the trees would just bend a little. Nothing of real substance in the area.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Every time I have managed to mismanage my tractor into a quagmire of some sort…I have found that BH a great get outa jail tool. If I think I might get stuck I have a bucket on the front and BH on the back. Lay the front bucket flat (after stuckage) and claw my way out.
Welp, OP…now you have another clean up project. Glad you got it out.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I was in tears about here At some point my fat ass trips and I do a belly-flop

I was laughing so hard my eyes welled up in a blur.

We all do dumb shit now and again, I've done my fair share over the years!!

At least you got that damn thing out. I bet the kids liked seeing you.....you'll never live that part down with them or likely your wife.

I like you had the balls to share what happened!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hay, at least you ,and family had QUALITY FAMILY TIME !!!
when I did a similar thing, I had to make several trips to haul 2by10s into the 'job site'. Used BH to lift rears up,slid 2by10s under... use bucket to lift front end up, more 2by10s slid under,more 2by10s,double thick behind.
Essentially built a cordaroy road 8' wide and then DROVE the TLB back where she came from.
it took longer to clean the 2by10s afterwards then laying the 'road' and getting out.
oh well, we all learn, right ???

friend got a dozer stuck, on gravel bed..think top layers muck, gravel on bottom. I spent 3/4of the day trying to get muck out between the tracks. I was a lot younger then but ran outta steam. Rudy said don't worry, i'll get it out tomorrow morning(he'd kinda 'borrowed' the dozer......) I called at 8 next day to see if he needed me. No,seems Mother Nature had helped by dropping the water table a tad and hard frost broke the mud suction. he literally got the beast going and DROVE IT OUT in 10 minutes......sigh.....

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
The last thing I tried was I switched out the ripper tooth for the bucket to give me "more "surface area" for pushing.

(that was fun carrying it through that muck....must have fell 5 more times, not that it matters after doing the "Triple Lindy" the first time)

Then I yelled "hit it" and my wife took off like a "bat outta Hell" in "Diff Lock" with about 10 feet of slack and the Rhino yanked as hard as it could on the "snatch strap" as I used Stonewall to push......5 more tries and we were free.

Here is the "recovery crew" in front of the dirtiest the General Lee has ever been.

View attachment 115878

View attachment 115879

We all had our jobs......

Granddaughter did the "crying" for us all.....

Grandson asked 1.75 million questions......

Wife pointed out the obvious for everyone...."you probably shouldn't have gone this far...." and "Wow you got it really stuck!"......and "wow that sh!t stinks..."

And I did all the cursing, shoveling and mud bath taking......
That's good family time, right there! Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I think that this has happened to most of us. Got the old B7200 stuck while digging out a pond a few years ago. I was able to claw my way out operating the loader and BH at the same time. I doubt that this would be possible with my new LX2610 with cab.
Another time while bush hogging around the same pond I got mired down in the muck after getting too close. Without the hoe and with thunder clouds approaching I was able to lift up the front wheels and put firewood under them. Finally got it out just before help arrived with a long tow strap. I was kind of in a panic as heavy rains frequently caused this area to flood.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's a method designed in the Orient. These guys had the principle down but their cross piece was a bit incapable! You can play back at double speed and not miss anything important. This is especially good for the guys have the big tool box on the back and carry every tool they own on their tractor!!

Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If you drive off road long enough, and make it past your yard, you’re almost guaranteed to get stuck at some point, although that mess on the tire looked like you were trying to ford a hog lagoon. 🧐

Loader or backhoe either one are great for clawing out if you have a bucket. Grapple and ripper tooth, more likely you’ll just comb the mud. Good job getting it out.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
That’s impressive. My first blush early on is “That will take a crane.” Or at least another tractor. That Rhino must have feeling pretty strong.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Yeah, you’re a dumbass. Floring it should have set off the dumbass alert in your head. BTW, god has a sense of humor. He tripped your dumb ass, then points at you while telling everyone one in heaven to come watch this dumbass.

get one of these to pull you out next time.…..

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Getting a piece of equipment stuck in the woods of Michigan! Thanks for bringing back a lot of memories from my youth!

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I aint laffin at ya my friend, but with you,,, cause you know sometime down the road,,, she that must be obayed will say,,, do you remember the day you got stuck in all that stinky shyt

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Have to admit i was once a dumb ass doing shit like this. Usually to much liquid courage in me. Luckily you pulled it out. Definitely needs a bath.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I don't think it would have help in your case, but this is why I went with Ag tires. They do a little better in the mud. I have been very lucky that when I have gotten in some deep mud and think I wasn't going to get out I was able to used the bucket to push or pull myself out.

I think you did a good job of getting it stuck :) I'd give you a 9 for the tractor and at least a 5 for you falling.

I think the tractor need a wash and I'm sure you did also :)

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Thanks for sharing RWS that made my day

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
The off-road capabilities of these tractors (or severe lack thereof) catches me off guard sometimes. Between them sucking on snow and any greasy mud is a surprise, I think of my tractor as a little overweight Jeep, maybe I just need to add a winch bumper and some ‘boggers?