It works! LA 211 Loader on my B6100

moderatmixed

Mar 24, 2011
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
A year ago I purchased my B6100D complete with front mounted snowblower. I wanted however to add a loader, as is the case for most of us. I did very little research, however was fortunate enough to find a "deceased" cub cadet with a Kubota LA211 loader attached. I used the TOBAR technique when deciding if it was going to fit/work on my B6100. For thos unfamiliar with TOBAR, its simple.... That Otta Be About Right. It turns out that the LA211 is like a glove... Fits and operates perfectly. I needed to modify the subframe that once held the blower to accept the loader brackets, but it really was easy. Too, although it might appear to decrease the ground clearance, I have been aggressively trying to get it to "hang up", and have been unsuccessful. That said, if you manage to get hung up, you have a loader..... unstick yourself!

The specs.... The B6100 is 14hp, and is tonnes of power, I was digging in wet dirt and operating at 1/3 power, and there was no bogging. The hydraulic pump on the tractor is more than sufficient. The subframe worked well, and has caused no hiccups. Too, it makes it easy to remove everything if need be. The loader is slightly offset to the right, this allows room for the air filter and still gives enough space for the muffler. The arms that fold up and down that are used for quick removal of the loader will be lengthened.... They are a bit short, and make quick on quick off into a 15 minute action rather than the 5 minutes it is supposed to take. Counter weight.... You need a counterweight. I used everything from scrap metal through to the bush hog, and settled on a weight box. I purchased a Kubota B5320 and filled it with concrete (6 bags at 65 lbs each) and some scrap metal that I had around the shop, total 475 lbs. With that weight the tractor turns very easily even with the bucket loaded. Just fyi, the tractor works fine without the counterweight,but it is much heavier to turn, and you can tell that the tractor is working much harder without the weight.

Ok... So here are the pitfalls....

1. I had the subframe, but needed to modify it, I will post measurements if anyone wants them, but will also post pics.
2. You need to plumb in a relief valve (about $50), its easy!
3. The loader has 3 hoses... power in, power beyond, and the last hose will go to the filler for your tank. That last hose is also the dump for your relief valve, and is low to no pressure, its just a return.
4. Buy the ROPS.... The danger of rolling is significantly increased with a loader.

So guys, it is possible. The B6100 is plenty powerful enough and makes a great loader platform. I'm using it to move heavy items around the yard as well as the obvious, dirt, snow etc. Just for the record, the tractor will be repainted in "new Kubota Orange" this summer, and the frame in the Kubota grey to match the ROPS.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Yes, pics would be great!!

Tim

Work Horse

Equipment
B7200 HST 4x4
Jan 21, 2020
IPSWICH
I know this thread is dead! Any reason this wouldnt work on a B7200? If the B6100 could accect (I dont know if it did) a 1640 loader.. then it should work on a B7200. Im asking cause I found an LA211 for sale. Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I know this thread is dead! Any reason this wouldnt work on a B7200? If the B6100 could accect (I dont know if it did) a 1640 loader.. then it should work on a B7200. Im asking cause I found an LA211 for sale. Thanks!
Your B is much taller than the BX1800, and BX2200 the LA211 was designed to fit stock.
It's probably close enough in width and length to fit, measure before buying.

Will it fit your tractor yea it might, Your going to have to fabricate the complete subframe from front frame to rear axle, or you'll break your tractor in two, but it will sit much higher than it should which effects digging ability and overall performance.

You'll also need to add the third line for the return/tank, it get plumbed into the fill port via an adapter.
You also have a smaller hydraulic pump than the BX, 1.5 GPM less, so the loader will be slower.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Work Horse

Equipment
B7200 HST 4x4
Jan 21, 2020
IPSWICH
Your B is much taller than the BX1800, and BX2200 the LA211 was designed to fit stock.
It's probably close enough in width and length to fit, measure before buying.

Will it fit your tractor yea it might, Your going to have to fabricate the complete subframe from front frame to rear axle, or you'll break your tractor in two, but it will sit much higher than it should which effects digging ability and overall performance.

You'll also need to add the third line for the return/tank, it get plumbed into the fill port via an adapter.
You also have a smaller hydraulic pump than the BX, 1.5 GPM less, so the loader will be slower.
Sounds like it ain’t worth it then. Thank you for the heads up. The guy is asking short of 3k for the loader, but its literally brand new condition. Let the hunt continue.. thanks again

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I will never ever never own any tractor without a FEL again!

I had one without and didn’t know what I was missing until I finally got a real tractor/FEL setup.

Great Job, moderatemix!

Reactions: 1 user

Babybull

Equipment
Kubota B6100 w/ LA211 FEL, Scraper box
Nov 9, 2020
Sacramento
A year ago I purchased my B6100D complete with front mounted snowblower. I wanted however to add a loader, as is the case for most of us. I did very little research, however was fortunate enough to find a "deceased" cub cadet with a Kubota LA211 loader attached. I used the TOBAR technique when deciding if it was going to fit/work on my B6100. For thos unfamiliar with TOBAR, its simple.... That Otta Be About Right. It turns out that the LA211 is like a glove... Fits and operates perfectly. I needed to modify the subframe that once held the blower to accept the loader brackets, but it really was easy. Too, although it might appear to decrease the ground clearance, I have been aggressively trying to get it to "hang up", and have been unsuccessful. That said, if you manage to get hung up, you have a loader..... unstick yourself!

The specs.... The B6100 is 14hp, and is tonnes of power, I was digging in wet dirt and operating at 1/3 power, and there was no bogging. The hydraulic pump on the tractor is more than sufficient. The subframe worked well, and has caused no hiccups. Too, it makes it easy to remove everything if need be. The loader is slightly offset to the right, this allows room for the air filter and still gives enough space for the muffler. The arms that fold up and down that are used for quick removal of the loader will be lengthened.... They are a bit short, and make quick on quick off into a 15 minute action rather than the 5 minutes it is supposed to take. Counter weight.... You need a counterweight. I used everything from scrap metal through to the bush hog, and settled on a weight box. I purchased a Kubota B5320 and filled it with concrete (6 bags at 65 lbs each) and some scrap metal that I had around the shop, total 475 lbs. With that weight the tractor turns very easily even with the bucket loaded. Just fyi, the tractor works fine without the counterweight,but it is much heavier to turn, and you can tell that the tractor is working much harder without the weight.

Ok... So here are the pitfalls....

1. I had the subframe, but needed to modify it, I will post measurements if anyone wants them, but will also post pics.
2. You need to plumb in a relief valve (about $50), its easy!
3. The loader has 3 hoses... power in, power beyond, and the last hose will go to the filler for your tank. That last hose is also the dump for your relief valve, and is low to no pressure, its just a return.
4. Buy the ROPS.... The danger of rolling is significantly increased with a loader.

So guys, it is possible. The B6100 is plenty powerful enough and makes a great loader platform. I'm using it to move heavy items around the yard as well as the obvious, dirt, snow etc. Just for the record, the tractor will be repainted in "new Kubota Orange" this summer, and the frame in the Kubota grey to match the ROPS.

Happy Holidays! Any chance you remember anything about the pressure relief valve you added. Where did you buy it and what brand was it?

Alexv

Equipment
B6100
May 25, 2023
Connecticut
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what style muffler is on this tractor? Im also putting an LA211 on a 6100... mine still has the factory exhaust which is larger than the one pictured. Any advice would be appreciated

Babybull

Equipment
Kubota B6100 w/ LA211 FEL, Scraper box
Nov 9, 2020
Sacramento
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what style muffler is on this tractor? Im also putting an LA211 on a 6100... mine still has the factory exhaust which is larger than the one pictured. Any advice would be appreciated

Hi Alex,
FEL 2.jpg
fel3.jpg
fel4.jpg
fel5.jpg
Kubota FEL 1.jpg

My set up is still using the stock muffler clocked to point straight up. I have to take it off every time i put on or take off the FEL. I also had to relocate the intake air filter forward about 5". W
fel.jpg
ith all this I still only have 1/2" clearance on both sides. Its close but I have not had any interference

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The original tractor has a home brew muffler.
It's just pipes.

Alexv

Equipment
B6100
May 25, 2023
Connecticut
Hi Alex, View attachment 105370 View attachment 105372 View attachment 105373 View attachment 105374 View attachment 105375

My set up is still using the stock muffler clocked to point straight up. I have to take it off every time i put on or take off the FEL. I also had to relocate the intake air filter forward about 5". W View attachment 105369 ith all this I still only have 1/2" clearance on both sides. Its close but I have not had any interference
Thank you, that helps a lot!