It worked for me!

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I am quite certain most everyone around here has some "improvised" repairs you've done that actually worked (unlike my well plumbing fiasco). So share them! Tractor, around the house, cars, whatever!

Here's my latest - the (fabric o_O ) under-vehicle splash guard on my Escape got ripped off at the front and was dragging on the ground. I'm guessing something caught it and pulled it off. This resulted in the bolt holes being larger than the bolts & washers. Needing some SUPER-fender washers, I adapted a few canning lids to the task:

lids.jpg

It's pretty secure. I expect that should hold things until the replacement arrives.

Reactions: 4 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Those ford plastic splash guards are horrible. I've had to do a similar modification to each and every F150 company truck at work 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I would just pull it off and throw it in the trash. Not even worry about replacing it. They are there for aerodynamics, not for any sort of protection. They are basically a sponge too when they get wet. Even worse when they get leaked oil on them.

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I would just pull it off and throw it in the trash. Not even worry about replacing it. They are there for aerodynamics, not for any sort of protection. They are basically a sponge too when they get wet. Even worse when they get leaked oil on them.
I was about to do that, but when I saw what was behind it I reconsidered. As little as it probably does, I prefer the extra protection given the road I drive daily.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I was about to do that, but when I saw what was behind it I reconsidered. As little as it probably does, I prefer the extra protection given the road I drive daily.
Did you order the front section too (under the engine/trans)? It goes “over” (under 🤔) that section you have left. The screws go through both pieces.

60CF5ADF-5691-420F-A94D-28BD39BD9D80.jpeg

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Why replace what you just modified? Looks ok to me.. who's going to see it besides you and us! 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have done a lot of "it worked for me" things over the years. But darned if I can put my finger on one at the moment. I guess they are so frequent that memory doesn't hold them long...

But one that I do remember working for me is ending up marrying a woman I met on a train in Russia, when we both (as foreigners) were traveling from Japan to Europe on the trans Siberian railroad. Cheapest way to cover the distance back then.

This was a major "worked for me" event...LOL... Lasting over 50 years so far.

Reactions: 3 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I have done a lot of "it worked for me" things over the years. But darned if I can put my finger on one at the moment. I guess they are so frequent that memory doesn't hold them long...

But one that I do remember working for me is ending up marrying a woman I met on a train in Russia, when we both (as foreigners) were traveling from Japan to Europe on the trans Siberian railroad. Cheapest way to cover the distance back then.

This was a major "worked for me" event...LOL... Lasting over 50 years so far.
Same here Henro! It's an everyday thing and you don't realize you're doing things that a lot of people repair with new or pay to have fixed. One thing I will not do is inside plumbing if it has to do with sweating a copper line, outside I will try but as I always say.. water and I do not mix!

As for the wifey.. well you got me beat there.. I was 10 years old when you got hitched. I've been with my wife 31 years after known each other a month, good thing I didn't know any better!🙃

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
That looks like the part I fixed here - I didn't see anything else.

Here is a better pic…
0D906C4E-7317-4896-9E89-EF1C5C7AA7DE.jpeg

You only have the back piece left.

Have you had it serviced lately? They don’t always make it back on after removed for oil change. There will be no screws in the front of that little shield and the air will catch it when you are driving and pull it down

Reactions: 1 user

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Here is a better pic…
View attachment 71439
You only have the back piece left.

Have you had it serviced lately? They don’t always make it back on after removed for oil change. There will be no screws in the front of that little shield and the air will catch on when you are driving and pull it down
Yeah, that piece was definitely not present - thanks for the info!

Reactions: 1 user