Is there synthetic oil for the HST?

Iowan

Equipment
Kubota's
Apr 29, 2012
North central Iowa
I just changed to synthetic oil in my BX today, was going to change the filter on the HST and started wondering if there is synthetic oil for this. I started using synthetic oils in the mid 90s because of the cold start characteristics and I think the HST would benefit from this as well. I know they make HST heaters for larger tractors but not the BX.
Does any one use a synthetic, I prefer AMSOIL products.
Thanks for your input.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I have no first hand experience, but posters on another forum report using Amzoil in their Kubota HST.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Iowan, the fluid you're looking for is Amsoil synthetic tractor hydraulic/transmission oil. I've been using it in my Kubotas for years and it's great. If you are not using it already try some of the 5w30 Heavy Duty Diesel oil in the engine. Cold start is great and it will increase your fuel economy as well.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I believe CaseIH makes a synthetic version of their Hytran fluid which is the gold standard for hydrostatic fluid.

TravisT

Aug 31, 2012
Alberta Canada
Kubota UDT oil is a synthetic hydraulic/HST oil you can get from your local dealer it is a good universal oil for all climate's and temperatures :)