Is the equipment shortage ending? Probably not, but look at this JD dealer's lot.

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Almost two months later, the JD dealer has more equipment - not less. They moved some of the equipment over to the lot across the road to make more room in front of the dealership.

FWIW, the New Holland and the Kubota dealers (different dealers) also have more equipment. However, the Kubota dealer probably only has half, or less, of his regular inventory.
Wow...that situation with your local Kubota Dealer is very different to what is going on out here in the West.

Emailed my local Kubota dealer yesterday...as Oct 18 was exactly 5 months since I ordered a L2501DT...asked about the ETA. His response is the same...nothing confirmed...and regional Kubota rep is still trying to find inventory or shipments that can be traded so I can get my tractor.

At this point, I have no idea when my tractor will arrive...

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Wow...that situation with your local Kubota Dealer is very different to what is going on out here in the West.

Emailed my local Kubota dealer yesterday...as Oct 18 was exactly 5 months since I ordered a L2501DT...asked about the ETA. His response is the same...nothing confirmed...and regional Kubota rep is still trying to find inventory or shipments that can be traded so I can get my tractor.

At this point, I have no idea when my tractor will arrive...
The situation is better in Georgia. My dealer, located further north near our land, sold me everything in my signature in February from stock. I had my tractor and all implements/attachments within 10 days; they only had to install the 3rd. function valve.

tractorX

Equipment
KUBOTA L2501 DT 5' BOX BLADE 42" FORKS PIRANHA TB 5' BUSH HOG 6' GRADER
Sep 27, 2013
Rock Spring GA.
The situation is better in Georgia. My dealer, located further north near our land, sold me everything in my signature in February from stock. I had my tractor and all implements/attachments within 10 days; they only had to install the 3rd. function valve.
im in rock spring ga. drove past Rhinehart Bobcat & Kubota in Rome yesterday and counted 5 out on the lot. Kubota of Chatt just got a large shipment in last month. not sure what's going on in Gainesville other than the usual covid, labor, trucking and material shortages.

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Maybe that’s why the dealers in the rest of the country don’t have tractors, Kubota is sending them to the Georgia dealers so they don’t have to truck them far from the factories. LOL

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Messick's put out an updated video on the supply chain

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
This is not something for just the tractors, but just about everything, and I feel is only going to get worse. Reports of Q3 2023 being the return point for inventory is quite scary when you think about it.

I ordered an L4060 HSTC a few weeks ago. Considering there are only about 14 across the country for sale, including used, I am not expecting to see it any time soon. I had to go to the dealer to get parts for my new to me IH 35 rake since they are also a Case dealer and as I walked past the salesmans office, "is it here yet? Is it here yet?" He just smiled and shook his head, knowing I was just teasing. Their lot, like others have said, is bare They used to have a 5 acre field just loaded with used and new equipment, and now they have something like 6 pieces of equipment out front, and anything new is in the crates in the parking lot. They have 5 or 6 locations, and looking through their inventory from all sites is very slim. For the most part it is all big ticket items listed for sale.

I did some research for real estate tax help and found that if I turn my horse pastures into crop, it will knock a couple to several grand off the taxes, so going to convert 3.2 into hay and started looking into used equipment. OH MY!!! Some of the Shiznit out there and asking huge prices for it had my head swimming!!! $3K for a beat up old JD 1209 MoCo, $2K for a beat up old rusty JD 660 rake, $6K for a NH Baler.
I eventually found all 3 items via Craigslist. Found a NH 273 baler in really good mechanical condition for $1200, and an IH 35 rake that would have been in better shape had it been trailered home and rebuilt, but the trip destroyed the left axle and hubs, in the end I fully rebuilt it and all told spent $1800 on it and other than needing a coat of paint is in like new condition now. The last item I found was at a dealer 2 hours away on a JD 1206 MoCo. They really didn't know what they had and only asked $1650 for it and threw in a bearing that was missing. It just needs new sections on the cutter, so for $60 in parts and my time is a fully functioning serviceable cutter.

Deals are out there, just not like they used to be, just have to search for them and be willing to travel.

Now just impatiently waiting on the new tractor to arrive, but won't be bugging the dealer on when, when, when. I won't really need it until next spring, but I do hope to get it before winter fully hits, will be nice to clear the drive with a heated cab instead of the OOS on the B2410 and what little heat it can give off the cowl. Keeping that little bugger too, so don't ask if for sale. :)

The dealer I got the MoCo from was a JD dealer, they had 6 yard tractors on the lot, 1 sub compact, and a few used implements. The JD dealer a mile or two from my Kubota dealer had 4 sub and compacts on the lot, and some Implements. Another JD dealer 24 miles away had a few new tractors, and one I had given a good thought to, a 3046R but it didn't have a loader, and I found out the loader is not detachable. It also is not a direct comparison to the L4060, and cost several grand more, so sticking with Kubota.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Christmas shopping this year will most likely prove interesting.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Christmas shopping this year will most likely prove interesting.
Not interesting at all
Very easy!
I send my 8 grandchildren (youngest is 14) generous checks.
Their parents get cards.
That's it!

Reactions: 2 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Maybe that’s why the dealers in the rest of the country don’t have tractors, Kubota is sending them to the Georgia dealers so they don’t have to truck them far from the factories. LOL
Doubtful. Jasper Ga doesn’t have many on their lot.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Not interesting at all
Very easy!
I send my 8 grandchildren (youngest is 14) generous checks.
Their parents get cards.
That's it!
I try to surprise the wife and daughter each year. I guess I like the challenge of finding something that they will like, but didn't know they would like. I get accused of not paying attention to things, but I have to pay attention a lot to try to find that one special gift a year. Most years I have been successful, but I have a a few dud years also. Oddly enough, it seems to be the gifts that I'm not really that sure about that end up being the biggest hits.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
So, no vacuum cleaners on the list? :eek:

I work for a large catalog brand company that many have heard of at some point. Our inventories have been fluctuating like crazy thanks to the shipping issues. We have found that people are buying NOW instead of waiting for after Thanksgiving. Seems to be the case in a lot of markets as well. IOW if you see something, don't wait to buy it later, you may not be able to. Thankfully our Food division has predicted the buying and has doubled the inventory for this season.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
My local Kubota dealers are still pretty bare but the Mahindra dealer has a full lot... :p

• Haha

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I believe there is some B2601’s in those containers ;)
Unlikely. B2601 made in USA (for US market - mine was made in Japan but that's rest-of-world). Most likely a Grand L or two.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Are they manufactured here, or just assembled here from overseas components? Would be nice to know what their factory production schedules are like to get some idea what models will be shipping and when. At least if you order a truck you can track it's progress up to delivery, not so with tractors.

I looked at Mahindra. Looks nice from 10 feet away, then you sit in one and start the engine and wonder why you didn't put on hearing protection. The loader controls I have to admit are much nicer than my LA352 is, very smooth and easy to control the speed, but thats about all I found I liked about them. There is a dealer 24 miles from me that sells Mahindra, or I should really say, attempts to sell. They have "new" tractors from 2016. There was more rust and paint fade on it than on my 2002 B2410!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I thought the L’s were made in Georgia and the B’s were made over seas.
I'm pretty sure BX are made in Georgia. I thought Bs were too, as are some of the larger machines. Many of the engines also made in USA. But I'm sure like pretty much every machinery manufacturer, they use parts from all over.