Is the BH77 backhoe plumbing good for anything fun?

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Obviously with my BH77 there is a hydraulic hose that runs from the power beyond (I think) to the back of my L3700. I presume this, then, goes into the valves on the BH77.

Is there any useful purpose of this hydraulic line running to the back of my tractor now? I guess it would only be useful if plumbed into some sort of new valve box? Or, I guess theoretically it could run an implement that need fluid at all times like a sweeper or something?

I know I sound like an idiot on this one! I figured the responses would help connect the dots on such things and further my learning.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You could put a valve on it and yes power attachments.

sgtboz

Equipment
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Excellent. Thanks, gents.

So I could add a log splitter simply by virtue that the log splitter has a valve on it already. The backhoe hose supplies fluid to the valve full-time, then the valve decides where to send the fluid.?.?

I'm sure this has been covered a millions times in as many ways, but could anyone post a link to the type of valve that would need to be installed on my tractor? Is this what people mean when they talk about a "third function" valve?

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
You can run a log splitter, or add a valve to control cylinders/motors as NIW stated above. You can't directly power a sweeper since there would be no way to control it.
Also just an FYI... If you are interested in a log splitter, many have PTO adapters so they can be powered that way instead of hydros.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Excellent. Thanks, gents.

So I could add a log splitter simply by virtue that the log splitter has a valve on it already. The backhoe hose supplies fluid to the valve full-time, then the valve decides where to send the fluid.?.?

I'm sure this has been covered a millions times in as many ways, but could anyone post a link to the type of valve that would need to be installed on my tractor? Is this what people mean when they talk about a "third function" valve?
Only 999,999.00 times...:D

FYI the "backhoe hose" is technically called the "Power Beyond" hose or circuit. That will help in your searchings.

Here is a common valve used to add rear remotes: http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...OL-8-GPM-PRINCE-MB21BB5C1-DA-VALVE-9-7862.axd

Key phrases here are:
-Open Center
-Work ports blocked in neutral (AKA Tandem Center)
-GPM and PSI ratings at or higher that you tractors pump rating
-Power Beyond capable

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
How do you like your set up? I also have a L3700SU and bought a 2012 BH77 a couple months ago (paint still on the bucket). Have not had a chance to use it much yet.

sgtboz

Equipment
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Hey Sammy, so far so good! I operated at 3pt mount BL4690 for a long time and put tons of hours on it. It performed flawlessly for me so I was skeptical that the frame mount BH77 would feel like an upgrade...but it does!

I just posted a review for the 10" Hy-Gear aftermarket bucket. Since Kubota's buckets are so expensive and I needed a narrower bucket, I gave it a try and so far am glad I did.

Sammy3700

Equipment
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Wish we were closer and we could trade this one has a 10 or 12. I wish mine would have had the 16 that is offered but when buying used you get what you get. Does have the thumb on it!!!

Sammy3700

Equipment
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
It is the Kubota thumb. Only used one time and so far I love it. Even though it is manual it is a lot better than not having one at all like the Woods I did have. I do not know how to post pictures. I can text them to you from my phone.