Is it me or is Kubota becoming overpriced???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You need to go back and look at the charts to see where the economy was. Even with the Covid dip, the economy was on the upswing until Nov 2020. I get it ... that's a lot of trouble to find out you are wrong. ;).

Almost everything in the popular media was a lie for the past few years. It's coming out ... just slowly.
Stock market crashed in early 2020. I didn’t need popular media to tell me that. Gasoline was down to $1.18/gallon and oil below $40/barrel due to crashed demand. Steel prices greatly increased in 2018 as a result of tariffs. My brother in law’s fabrication business that previously was profitable went underwater at that time because his sales declined to reflect the higher prices. And many farms plowed under soybean crops due to China no longer buying in retaliation for tariffs.

Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I farm chickens / eggs. A little off topic, but just FYI, Avian Flu is NOT killing millions of birds. The government is killing millions of birds in their attempt to control the disease. See any parallels with any other mistakes our government has recently made?
Sounds like a prudent move to control the disease.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
I bought it on December 28th, 2021, when trying to find ANY new equipment was a tough task( empty lots, delays, etc). I can understand a price increase, but over $5k is a little overkill IMO. As far as cheaper machines someone else mentioned, Kubota was it. Massey was about same, LS was comparable, New Holland and JD were way over $20k at time. And as far as eggs go, they were almost at $6 dozen in January, when I bought some few days ago, they were at $2.86 a dozen…
I was going replace Kubota with a B2301 in 2019... I watch the prices go up by thousands of dollars! And later supply and demand made them go again? I think it's profits over customers.
Now the prices on used equipment is going up too. So I still have my old Kubota. On side note we sold my wife's car guess what we got more then asking price. Yes by thousands of dollars, IMO the market will dry up.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I don't think you fully appreciate what injecting BILLIONS of dollars worth of "fake money" into a nation's economy does to said economy. For a good, easy example, look to Venezuela, where a loaf of bread costs about $1000.

As for Kubota, I have always been a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". There are much cheaper machines out there, but I don't want them.
Bingo, Sparky!

Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I didn’t need popular media to tell me that.
Again, go look at the historical charts. The historical charts tell the true story. Go back 10 years for stocks, gasoline, steel, and soybeans.

I understand that some people might think the bad economy is worth it. Maybe that's where you are.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I just quoted a job in my tool & die shop that is the same parts that I did four years ago. The stainless steel is now 594% higher. This customer does bearing failure analysis so we can expect him to increase his prices and we are all going to pay in the end, if there is any money left.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Again, go look at the historical charts. The historical charts tell the true story. Go back 10 years for stocks, gasoline, steel, and soybeans.

I understand that some people might think the bad economy is worth it. Maybe that's where you are.
Ask our international members if inflation has been high in their countries post Covid? It’s worldwide and much larger than US politics.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I just quoted a job in my tool & die shop that is the same parts that I did four years ago. The stainless steel is now 594% higher. This customer does bearing failure analysis so we can expect him to increase his prices and we are all going to pay in the end, if there is any money left.
US steel really screwed up with the Chinese steel tariffs. The industry could have kept prices the same and increased long term market share. But they increased prices to match the tariffs and went for short term profits instead.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have just listed my Kubota on a separate insurance policy that will pay to replace my Kubota should it be stolen. It is worth more today used than what I paid for it 2 years ago. Same with my implements. Cars go down as they age, but tractors seem to just keep going up.
Paid $32K for my L48 TLB with 251 hours, in June of 2019.
It is outfitted with mucho accessories, and I estimate cost was just short of $39K when new in 2006.
The L48 model is not current, but a new L47 TLB (with fewer accessories ) is listed at $63,391, a 60%+ increase in price.

USAA assures me that my L48 TLB is covered for replacement cost, (homeowners policy) if lost by fire or theft (when on my property).
No additional premium.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

Bad economy? Businesses are booming and unemployment is at a 54 year low. People are still buying, probably because wages and salaries are also increasing. It sucks for fixed income retirees. Still lower inflation than the 1970-80s (my first mortgage was 10% in 1987). Much of the inflation is due to worldwide situations that are much bigger than US politics. The post Covid world economy isn’t the same, and the Russian energy impacts aren’t helping. And much of the inflation is due to the federal reserve maintaining extremely low interest rates for too long.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Chip shortage.

Putin's war.

Corporate greed.

Reactions: 6 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Bad economy?
Obviously. Go read, or believe what you are being told. Your choice.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
That Pic is a visual image of some of the political and economic understandings in this discussion.

I doubt you could find many people outside of government who would agree with you. I KNOW chicken farmers, who are the real experts, don't agree, and I doubt consumers would either.
So what if you say is true…?? What if there is some insidious administration plan to murder millions of chickens..? Is Hunter getting into the chicken-breeding business…?…gonna corner the chicken-selling market?

Meanwhile, Kubota is offering ZERO Down and SIX or SEVEN YEARS at ZERO INTEREST (ZDZI) for a new Kubota. If the recent price increases are taken into account, then the tractors have actually GONE DOWN in asking price.

And this tells me how much one can bargain/haggle the price as well. Example, Take $25K and look at your banks’ financiing-rates over 6 or 7 years and figure out how much interest you’ll be paying….then DEDUCT that from the retail price of those ZDZI offers….and THAT is approx. how the retail price has moved over the last few years.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.