Initial thoughts of Land Pride Grapple for BX25

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Under where, how old is your grapple? What e aptly are you doing with it? Yours looks to be 1/4"?

Land Pride "Claims" that they've made a "run" of the brackers, anticipating more problems with a lot more of the grapples; at least that is what I was told. What a shame. So much $ spent. I will update how mine is soon. I "finally" have it back home.

Chris

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Under where, how old is your grapple? What e aptly are you doing with it? Yours looks to be 1/4"?

Land Pride "Claims" that they've made a "run" of the brackers, anticipating more problems with a lot more of the grapples; at least that is what I was told. What a shame. So much $ spent. I will update how mine is soon. I "finally" have it back home.

Chris
I bought it in second week of August I think...so about 1.5 months old.

I am doing everything with it. Picking up brush and dropping into the bed of my truck, picking some rocks here and three, pulling vines down from trees...everything that Kubota shows in their video.

I absolutely do use this thing hard...but I thought that implements were meant for hard use.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
The place I bought the grapple from called Land Pride.
The service rep (from the Tractor Store) said he had to pressure them quite a bit to cover the cost to repair the grapple after Land Pride found out that it was homeowner-installed.

I'm not quite sure how a bad install could have caused the welds to break loose....but whatever.

I am glad the Tractor Store is helping me out with this. I will reveal their name once I have the grapple fixed. I am dropping off today.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Wow, what a junky piece of construction. In addition to a very weak ringer section down over the side and a thin wall on the supporting member, there is only a weld bead on the outside of the main leg. Note that the other side of the hinge also no inside weld bead. This hinge area needs a complete re-build reinforcement. While at it, consider reinforcing all such hinge or support areas.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Wow, what a junky piece of construction. In addition to a very weak ringer section down over the side and a thin wall on the supporting member, there is only a weld bead on the outside of the main leg. Note that the other side of the hinge also no inside weld bead. This hinge area needs a complete re-build reinforcement. While at it, consider reinforcing all such hinge or support areas.
I got a call that the service department was done repairing the grapple. I am hoping they reinforced the welds on both sides, and on both hinges.

I have to call tomorrow before I drive there and pick it up.

I am definitely a bit disappointed in the build quality of this.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
They didn't bother to weld both sides of the supports and with the thin under support metal, it just tore it out. Not good engineering there.