Impulse Buy - Price Check!

tennybrink

Equipment
Kubota B2710, B2772 Snow Blower, LA 402 Loader, RC72-27B Mower
Aug 19, 2014
Belmont
I'm new to the tractor life, but certainly have needed one and been doing a little window shopping over the past year. Due to living on acreage (in Michigan) with a quarter mile long driveway, I was looking for a setup that included a snow blower, belly mower, and a loader for chores around the property.

Last week, I stumbled across a 2001 Kubota B2710 that included a 72" belly mower, 63" hydraulic front mount snow blower (including mid mound shaft), along with a LA402 loader. The tractor has 1,760 hours on the diesel engine, and mechanically is in great shape and has had all scheduled maintenance (along with the records to show it). It was previously owned by a small school district and spent most of its life mowing the fields and snow blowing the sidewalks.

Cosmetically, it's in good shape, but does have a fair amount of surface rust on the fenders from blowing snow and not cleaning up the salt. I'm willing to sacrifice some of the pretty to get the job done, and figure I can keep an eye on the salvage market for fenders if it becomes an issue.

Any thoughts on a price for a package such as this? All feedback is appreciated!

Thanks! :)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm new to the tractor life, but certainly have needed one and been doing a little window shopping over the past year. Due to living on acreage (in Michigan) with a quarter mile long driveway, I was looking for a setup that included a snow blower, belly mower, and a loader for chores around the property.

Last week, I stumbled across a 2001 Kubota B2710 that included a 72" belly mower, 63" hydraulic front mount snow blower (including mid mound shaft), along with a LA402 loader. The tractor has 1,760 hours on the diesel engine, and mechanically is in great shape and has had all scheduled maintenance (along with the records to show it). It was previously owned by a small school district and spent most of its life mowing the fields and snow blowing the sidewalks.

Cosmetically, it's in good shape, but does have a fair amount of surface rust on the fenders from blowing snow and not cleaning up the salt. I'm willing to sacrifice some of the pretty to get the job done, and figure I can keep an eye on the salvage market for fenders if it becomes an issue.

Any thoughts on a price for a package such as this? All feedback is appreciated!

Thanks! :)
see if you can find the parts and pieces here:

http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?Manu=KUBOTA&MDLGrp=B2710

Sounds like a great buy, what are THEY asking for it?

tennybrink

Equipment
Aug 19, 2014
Belmont
Thanks for the comments.

They were asking $11,000, but I ended up picking up the whole package for $9,300. Seems like a great machine, and with my "hobby" usage, hopefully it'll be around for a long time!

tennybrink

Equipment
Aug 19, 2014
Belmont
Thanks for the feedback, makes me feel better about taking the plunge as a relative newbie to the tractor world. Looking forward to contributing to the forum as I learn the ropes!