Impressed with the BX capabilities!

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
This weekend I put the BX to work - 3 Solid days of landscaping and acreage clean up before winter hits.

When I first got the BX, I was worried I made a mistake by not getting a B-Series, however now I know the BX will handle anything you put infront of it (to a degree). Between rough grading the property, getting rid of massive Oak Tree stumps and debris, using a 60" BB to help level the grade and slope it away from the house, placing 60 yrds of topsoil, even digging a hole/pit (a digging blade would've helped) to get rid of some concrete debris from the build. We even had a dual Kubota party working on getting tasks done!

Now it's time for a 50 (+9hr) service and get it winter ready for the next 5 months. Has anyone else been impressed with the unit they've purchased?

**Side Note - I'd still love a B-Series but for now, the BX is living up to the needs**

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
🥰
Hey Shady, um, you're missing a few pieces of siding off your house. 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I am VERY impressed with my BX after owning only a diesel TG lawn tractor for ~17yrs prior.

The guys here are great and don't get me wrong, but a subset of them would have every person buy bigger/better/stronger/faster every time someone asks what tractor is good for them ;-)

I had very specific size needs, myself and so the BX was the "largest" I could buy (yes, largest) so was not expecting much, but got a lot more than I thought.

Looks like a lot of really great work you've done. Could you have shaved off some time by buying larger? Sure. Did you have a little more seat/fun time? I bet YES !

• Love

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just think how impressed you’d be if you bought a real tractor. …. Sorry, just being funny. :D

Seriously though, they make different sizes and types because they all have a place. I’m glad you like what you bought!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I am VERY impressed with my BX after owning only a diesel TG lawn tractor for ~17yrs prior.

The guys here are great and don't get me wrong, but a subset of them would have every person buy bigger/better/stronger/faster every time someone asks what tractor is good for them ;-)

I had very specific size needs, myself and so the BX was the "largest" I could buy (yes, largest) so was not expecting much, but got a lot more than I thought.

Looks like a lot of really great work you've done. Could you have shaved off some time by buying larger? Sure. Did you have a little more seat/fun time? I bet YES !
100% - At the end of the day it kept me outside and ultimately I was able to do it all myself which is the purpose I bought the machine. Not having to rent a skid steer or pay a company to do this work is beneficial.

Reactions: 4 users

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Just think how impressed you’d be if you bought a real tractor. …. Sorry, just being funny. :D

Seriously though, they make different sizes and types because they all have a place. I’m glad you like what you bought!
I've always wanted a L-Series... but I'd need a few more acres of property to warrant that!

Reactions: 1 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
The BX is a great machine. I bought my BX2200 about 8 months after I purchased my 5 acre property that had been seriously neglected. It replaces a Craftsman rider. If I had had it from day 1 there are a lot of jobs that would have been easier.

It is true that there are a few jobs where a larger tractor would have made it a little easier, but over all my BX has been one of the best purchases I have made.

One word of advice is to make your own decision on what you can and cannot do with it. The BX is much more capable than some people give it credit for. Always think about safety, but it is really limited by your creativity.

I take all kinds of pics of jobs I have done with my BX. Don’t want to flood your post, but you can search for them.

Glad you like your BX. I bet it made your life a lot easier with all the work you did.

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Congratulations on finding the right size tractor for your needs first time out. Many people have to try more than once to get the right fit.

Wouldn’t trade my L. It’s the right size for much of what we do. But looking to add a BX to the stable in the next year or so. The L isn’t exactly an ideal yard machine. The BX may look to some like a high end riding mower or a toy, but it’s actually a serious landscaping machine.

Reactions: 5 users

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
I wanted a small compact tractor, for some landscaping work. i was undecided on what to get or what brand. I also like the green versions, and was sure that was what i would finally get. Wrong, it turned out that a good deal popped up, and I bit, on the BX. it turned out to be exactly what I needed, and after having it for a short time, I really like it. I expect I will like it even more after I have a lot of time in the saddle.

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
I had a bx23s before and traded in for a b2601 2y later. I was very impressed with the bx. The only reason I changed tractor was because I could. I mean, if you have enough money to buy bigger then go at it. But not too big either. I always wanted a L2501 but it's way too big for my land. So really, I *want* an L, but I only *need* a bx, so I got a B :)

The bx did everything my B does. Just a bit slower. Digging with a 16" bucket is faster than a 12", but 12" is still way easier than a shovel.

Snow was never an issue with the bx, other than the limited height you can push the bank. I was also limited by the size of rocks I could pick up, but I'm never gonna be happy until I get a big CASE excavator anyway (one day ... I just need to find 1M$)

And whatever tractor you get, the FEL will always make for a good seat in front of a fire with cooler full of beer.

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
I love my BX23S. While it is true that at times a bigger tractor would have been nice, I simply slow down and enjoy the seat time. It ALWAYS beats a shovel and wheelbarrow! A few more trips with the loader, a smaller bite with the backhoe, whatever it takes. It's here when I need it and more then meets my expectations.

Reactions: 2 users

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Congratulations on finding the right size tractor for your needs first time out. Many people have to try more than once to get the right fit.

Wouldn’t trade my L. It’s the right size for much of what we do. But looking to add a BX to the stable in the next year or so. The L isn’t exactly an ideal yard machine. The BX may look to some like a high end riding mower or a toy, but it’s actually a serious landscaping machine.
That's the primary reason I bought my BX, I was tired of changing drive belts in my mower about every season and it slowed to crawl on some of the inclines, but my BX never slows down even when mowing.

It's an expensive mower but then you start seeing more and more tasks (especially the loader) that it makes just that much easier. For me, the top of the list was moving 100 bags of 50 lb cement mix.

Dan

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I had a yellow tractor I put through hell and when it died, I got my BX. A lot of people said, man thats a lot of money for a lawn mower. Well that lawn mower has done things I dont think it was desigined to do. She has pulled, pushed, and lifted things, that had I not been the joker doing it would not have believed. I too bought a B2601, and I really wanted a B2650, alas I was to late after the changer over. But I do find my self using the BX more than the B, if just feels,,,,, more comfortable

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
I love my BX. My first tractor. My property has some pretty serious grades and there has been times where I would like to have had the large wheels of a compact or bigger.
My problem are sink holes from rotten stumps. When I see a wheel on my high side off the ground, my heart skips a beat.

Reactions: 1 user