Implement Delivery Delays?

dhcole99

Equipment
M7060
Oct 21, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I live in Canada and ordered a LandPride LR2696 (Landscape Rake) in September 2021 and was told that it would be available in March 2022. In March I was told that it was delayed to July. In July I was told that it would be August. Now I am now being told that I need to wait until October. This translates into 13 months from when it was first ordered. Is anyone else experiencing big delays or is this a Canada only problem? Or is my reseller jerking me around? Any feedback would be welcome.
Update - I contacted LandPride Sales shortly after my post about the delay and they looked into its status and told me it was on its way. Well, it just arrived. Better late than never.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
For what it is worth I wanted to order a Land Pride rear blade (84"). I asked my dealer two months ago and he finally got back to me today. One year delay to fill that. Glad I went with a Dirt Dog which arrived in two weeks.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I ordered a box blade from EA, 2 months ago. After the order was placed and the money was taken, I was notified that it would be 4-5 months. I understand the reasons behind the delay, but it was frustrating to not find that out until after the sale. In retrospect, I should have inquired about delays before the sale was closed.
I ordered something from them a couple weeks ago. When they called to confirm my order their first question was if I knew their lead time. I already knew it was going to be a wait, but it sounds like they either learned their lesson or the guy I got was just more on the ball.

As to the OPs question, all the dealers are being pressed. I had a backhoe on order since December. Dealer was expecting it in April. Backhoe Came in July, but no subframe kit with no ETA on delivery. Implements are in the same boat. The dealers have a delivery date from Kubota, but when it gets missed the date just gets slipped out further. They don’t know what’s coming until it physically ships. My dealer said he has something like $500k of equipment on order and doesn’t have much of an idea on when he is getting any of it.