Implement Delivery Delays?

dhcole99

Equipment
M7060
Oct 21, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I live in Canada and ordered a LandPride LR2696 (Landscape Rake) in September 2021 and was told that it would be available in March 2022. In March I was told that it was delayed to July. In July I was told that it would be August. Now I am now being told that I need to wait until October. This translates into 13 months from when it was first ordered. Is anyone else experiencing big delays or is this a Canada only problem? Or is my reseller jerking me around? Any feedback would be welcome.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sadly you could have bought my5 year old, lightly used rake last September and got instant delivery.
I have no idea why the obscene delivery dates.
Have you looked at Kijiji for one ? That's where I sold mine, took 1-2 weeks.
just checked local(35km)...
these guys are 10 minutes from me. $1500 for 7' rake.
up in owen sound...
$1500 for an 8 footer !

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Everything is delayed. If it isn't in stock that causes the delay. Then when it is in stock, there is a shipping delay.

Pick an item and you will find that this has been going on for two+ years now.

Not a Canada thing, a global thing. Some items have gotten better, others have not.

What use to be was to order a large ticket item and 4-6 weeks have the item. Now, order a large ticket item and we will let you know which one of your grandkids can come and pick it up.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am in Prescott (south of Ottawa on the 401) so I will think about the 96" one.
I would suggest that you also get the gauge wheels for +$405.
They can be very beneficial

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
@dhcole - I am impressed that you are even getting delivery dates from your dealer, albeit that they are constantly getting moved out. My dealer does not even bother anymore. I ordered a Kubota L4060 with an FEL and a snowblower in October 2021. Got the tractor and blower in January. When I ask (weekly) about the FEL I get told "I have no idea." As stated by ofter folk in the thread, this is a global problem.

I would suggest you look at other vendors. I also wanted a Land Pride rotary cutter and rear blade. Again, months go by with nothing in terms of delivery. I broke down and bought both from Dirt Dog through Good Works Tractors in Michigan. In stock and on a truck in a week. I had an issue with missing the correct install manual for the rotary cutter. I dropped them a note on their web portal and received a call from the owner (Courtney Scott) within two / three hours.

Never dealt with before but they are now my go to list. Hope this helps a bit.

Did I get all the features I wanted by not going Land Pride? No I did not. But summer is fleeting here in Northern Utah and I will sacrifice some functionality to get my work done before the first snows hit.

Kevin Barker

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
dhc, I've got cousin in Kemptville, SIL in Sharbot lake..... !!

check all the local farm dealers yet ?? Maybe cross the river ??
Lotta old farmers don't need their equipment, check the local small papers ??
maybe craigslist, FB marketplace, Kijij ?

the more 'papers' you try, the greater the chance of finding one.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I ordered a box blade from EA, 2 months ago. After the order was placed and the money was taken, I was notified that it would be 4-5 months. I understand the reasons behind the delay, but it was frustrating to not find that out until after the sale. In retrospect, I should have inquired about delays before the sale was closed.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I'd look at other brands, mfg. Call around and see what local dealers have in stock or even in NY/MI if you're in Ontario.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I ordered a box blade from EA, 2 months ago. After the order was placed and the money was taken, I was notified that it would be 4-5 months. I understand the reasons behind the delay, but it was frustrating to not find that out until after the sale. In retrospect, I should have inquired about delays before the sale was closed.
The EA payment/delivery lag is very frustrating.....kinda amoral, but they do what they do!
You will be pleased with your EA product though, ..... when you finally receive it.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think the reseller might be jerking you around. Call around. I wouldn’t be surprised if a different dealer doesn’t have one.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I live in Canada and ordered a LandPride LR2696 (Landscape Rake) in September 2021 and was told that it would be available in March 2022. In March I was told that it was delayed to July. In July I was told that it would be August. Now I am now being told that I need to wait until October. This translates into 13 months from when it was first ordered. Is anyone else experiencing big delays or is this a Canada only problem? Or is my reseller jerking me around? Any feedback would be welcome.
I have been waiting on one for 6 months. I gave my dealer until Aug 20 to get one or I am ordering from EA.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Frankly, that’s not being fair to EA at all.
No, it is fair. The delivery delay should be stated prior to completion of the sale. The buyer should have the option to not place the order because of the wait. In addition, this is the first time that I have purchased a product, and the payment was taken before shipment. As an example, I've ordered parts for years from Quadratec. If it isn't in stock, they don't withdrawn payment until it comes in and is ready to ship.

I can't throw stones at EA for the delay. I relate. I always have a backlog of orders to build, so there is always a wait. However, I tell the customer about the wait when I quote the price. The wait is a part of their decision. And, I don't take money until they are built and ready to ship.

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
No, it is fair.

I can't throw stones at EA for the delay. I relate.
So, which one is it? You seemed to contradict yourself.

Btw, he called a company amoral for billing before delivery, or did you miss that?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
So, which one is it? You seemed to contradict yourself.

Btw, he called a company amoral for billing before delivery, or did you miss that?
I didn't contradict myself. The issue isn't the delay, it's the omission of information. I was surprised at that, and further surprised to see the money exit my account while there was a vague 4-5 month delivery estimate. I would have preferred to know those two things before making a final decision.
I didn't miss the amoral comment. While I would have chosen a different word, I am left with the feeling that the information wasn't given to me so that I would complete the sale. If I could find one locally for sale at a reasonable price, I would cancel the order, wait for the refund, and buy it.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I didn't contradict myself. The issue isn't the delay, it's the omission of information. I was surprised at that, and further surprised to see the money exit my account while there was a vague 4-5 month delivery estimate. I would have preferred to know those two things before making a final decision.
I didn't miss the amoral comment. While I would have chosen a different word, I am left with the feeling that the information wasn't given to me so that I would complete the sale. If I could find one locally for sale at a reasonable price, I would cancel the order, wait for the refund, and buy it.
Fair and I relate are contradictions to me.

When you tried to cancel your order what happened?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Fair and I relate are contradictions to me.

When you tried to cancel your order what happened?
I build telescoping stabilizers for a living, and I always have a long list of orders to build. So, I relate to the delay. What I don't relate to is leaving information out.
I didn't cancel the order, because I haven't found one for sale locally. If I do, I will.

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
A fairly close Kubota dealer had a new F-2690 on the lot in June but with no mower deck. Kubota originally indicated that the deck (72" rear discharge) would be available in August but that has now turned into "maybe November".

It isn't a huge deal because my Deere 955 with midmount 72" deck still works fine, I just wanted something that will mow a little faster and also to avoid taking the loader and other implements off the Deere when I want to mow. A lot of industries have even bigger supply chain issues and delays than agriculture and I am not complaining because for me this is a minor aggravation-it would be a different deal if I were using it for a business.

Rodger

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
No, it is fair. The delivery delay should be stated prior to completion of the sale. The buyer should have the option to not place the order because of the wait. In addition, this is the first time that I have purchased a product, and the payment was taken before shipment. As an example, I've ordered parts for years from Quadratec. If it isn't in stock, they don't withdrawn payment until it comes in and is ready to ship.

I can't throw stones at EA for the delay. I relate. I always have a backlog of orders to build, so there is always a wait. However, I tell the customer about the wait when I quote the price. The wait is a part of their decision. And, I don't take money until they are built and ready to ship.
Yup.....
Yours is the way of most business models!