Im sure its simple

Txpitmaster

Equipment
Kubota L3302, LA526, RCF2060, RTR1258
Jun 27, 2022
Blossom, TX
Im sure its something simple Im just missing out of frustration! I have a L3302 with a QH15. I always have an issue of somekind connecting implements. Yesterday I couldnt get the left side lower to connect no matter what adjustments I made! Top link great, right hooked up easy. Left is not going into the hook. Tried raising right side, lowering right side, kicking pushing cussing.... The left connector will not settle into the QH15 connector. Any ideas? Like I said Im sure its something simple that Im just missing.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
First, did you check level on your QH?

Secondly, is your implements on level ground?

I'm trying to think, the times I have had uneven hookup has been because of the implement not being on level ground. I wonder if your 3PT isn't going all the way down? There is a release valve, usually directly under the seat that you can control that will set how much pressure for the 3pt to drop.

Also, I wonder how your 3pt is setup and maybe it isn't set correctly. Below is a video that may give you some ideas.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Even ground for hookup is most important. I like to drop implements on blocking in the yard to keep them more level. Can you post a picture of the issue you are having? I cant quite get it from your description. Without that I say get a sledge hammer (3-4 lb,) and a piece of wood and try to knock it into place.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I think if the implement is on blocks ( 4by4) , you 'should' be able to 'float' the 3PH and get both sides on.
This works for normal 3PH ,100% of the time for me,even on uneven ground...

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Your QH-15 isn't a lot different from the HaulMaster version at Harbor Freight.

THIS is what I did to my HaulMaster, which I bought for $99. Cleaning up the sharp corners on the hooks will go a long way to making the QH a much more convenient accessory. I RARELY get off my tractor now to hook up the box blade. Even if the top-link is out of adjustment, the top hook leads the bottom hook enough that I can push back on the box blade just enough to align the bottom hooks and then just lift. The square corners on the top edges of the hooks were a nightmare the way they would grab the lifting frame of the BB. It was nearly unusable with my WC-68 chipper until I did the mods. I still have to connect the driveshaft for the chipper before I can connect the 3PH, but I have the chipper sitting on a dolly with locking wheels. I connect the driveshaft, lower the 3PH and push the chipper forward until it bumps the QH, then lock the wheels. I rarely have an issue with it connecting, and if I do, it's usually self-inflicted.

Reactions: 1 users

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
With my QH the right side lower "pocket" had a small burr or weld splatter that some of my implements would connect fine. But my stump grinder just wouldn't without fighting. I at 1st thought one of the bushings was a bit big (it did measure .002" bigger than the others) A couple of stokes with a flat basterd file cleaned up the burr and now everything hooks up without a hassle.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
When properly set up, the full weight of the implement should bear on the lower pins. The upper hook should have a slight gap between the hook and the bottom of the pin. If the upper hook is adjusted too high, the implement will "pendulum" on it and you'll see one lower pin in the hook and a gap under the other.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
I've been looking hard at quick hitches and I'm interested to find out if anyone is using one of the Speeco economy versions? Apparently they are useable without bushings; does that present another problem itself? Like limited fitment to a variety of implements?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've read that Speeco is a TRUE CAT1 tractor <---> CAT1 implement adapter. That's why no bushings are needed. The others use a CAT3 implement 'hook'. Saves them $$$$$$$ as 1 part does 3 different adapters.
If you need adapters, you need a set for EVERY implement. That gets costly. I run 7 or 8 implements, Ka-ching ! If you only have one set, it'll always be a long walk to the other implement.....

The HUGE problem with needing bushings is when you use an implement on several tractors. Sooner or later you'll lose a bushing in the mud,gravel, somewhere... things like that magically disappear.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I thought cussing while hooking up implements was a time honored rural tradition? Now someone will post a pic of their implement on a castered cart on a flat and level concrete floor, out in the real world cussing is usually involved.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I've been looking hard at quick hitches and I'm interested to find out if anyone is using one of the Speeco economy versions? Apparently they are useable without bushings; does that present another problem itself? Like limited fitment to a variety of implements?
Smooth concrete floors will be your friend

I have the speeco QH and had to modify it by making it a little wider and added clearance to the top cross bar to stop it from hitting my PTO shafts. Top link hook doesn't fit most of my implements so I don't use it. I still can't use the QH for all my implements.

I wish I bought Pat's QH instead. If I had the time and money I'd convert everything to the euro style ball hitch mounts.

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Smooth concrete floors will be your friend

I have the speeco QH and had to modify it by making it a little wider and added clearance to the top cross bar to stop it from hitting my PTO shafts. Top link hook doesn't fit most of my implements so I don't use it. I still can't use the QH for all my implements.

I wish I bought Pat's QH instead. If I had the time and money I'd convert everything to the euro style ball hitch mounts.
I have been reluctant to consider QH units that have a built-in 2" receiver boxes located on the underside of the top bar due to potential interference with a PTO shaft. I'm surprised that the Speeco QH is causing such interference, since the model(s) I've seen did not have such receiver boxes attached to the top bar.

This is the hitch I was looking at:

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I thought cussing while hooking up implements was a time honored rural tradition? Now someone will post a pic of their implement on a castered cart on a flat and level concrete floor, out in the real world cussing is usually involved.
Not for my 3pt stuff but it lets me store the grapple and forks out of the way and in a corner of the barn,,,,

Attachments

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
If I was attaching implement to tractor after viewing your photos I'd move 3pt control lever rearward with engine operating at idle speed in order to raise 3 pt draft arms then unlatched side should latch. Then visually check to be sure it's latched.

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Excellent pictures! It sure looks like the left side isn't low enough for 'engagement'. The two previous posts IMO should go a long way to completing the connection, however that's probably not the solution that will solve this issue.

The top link connection, IMO, is likely a major part of the problem here. I'm not sure if you've got the top link adjusted to a certain degree for implement 'angle correctness' but it could be a contributing factor affecting QH hookup.

The description offered by mcfarmall in a previous post seemed to clearly explain a proper QH engagement (at least it did for me) so I recommend reviewing that post & re-examining the QH setup, with respect to the above-mentioned top hitch suggestions. Good luck! :)

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I have been reluctant to consider QH units that have a built-in 2" receiver boxes located on the underside of the top bar due to potential interference with a PTO shaft. I'm surprised that the Speeco QH is causing such interference, since the model(s) I've seen did not have such receiver boxes attached to the top bar.

This is the hitch I was looking at:

I've not had any issues with my built-in receivers interfering with anything.
20201108_141022.jpg