I'm in trouble!!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My wife's been looking at jeeps for a while now. Well, our neighbors brother has a used car lot 3 hours from us.

Wife went on his website, and started looking at there inventory. They happened to have one on the lot with exactly what she was looking for. Manual 6 speed transmission and fully loaded. :eek:

She asked our neighbor about it in passing. The bloody thing was parked in our driveway when I got home last night :eek:

Wife and I went on a date in it last night. Man that thing was fun to drive. :D was really comfortable also :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yes Daren, you are in trouble!!

Nice Jeep!

That's a woman's version of us guys buying Harley Davidsons at middle age! (I bought a 2005 FXDI at 41, and sold it last year!:D)

I had a '79 CJ-7 rag top 35 years ago - just before the Wranglers came out.

258(?) straight-6, automatic w/full time 4wd/Quadra-Trac. 10 mpg was normal, 3 mpg off-road or on-road in a lot of snow.

No real dash or interior finishes, wire framed plastic doors - stuck speakers to sidewalls with the magnets. Just indoor/outdoor-type carpet. Pretty plain, but would go anywhere.

I have a female friend bought a 2-door Rag Top last year. Damn thing is nice! Dash, A/C, doors, Bluetooth, wow!

She's got a pretty heavy foot - told her to be careful, or that sum-bitch will be on it's side!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Awesome new ride Daren!

A friend in NJ bought one of those for her summer house at Cape Cod. Up there they call them "Cape Cod Limos." Best Jeep in years.

Be nice to her. Maybe she'll let you drive it! LOL!!!

My neighbor just bought a new RAM. Everyone I know has new wheels. My newest car is 18 years old. I gotta upgrade one of these days!

:)

Good article on the "car crisis" caused by the sub-prime melt down....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-09/pop-goes-car-bubble-and-it-may-not-be-bad-thing

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thanks guys. It's not ours yet. We just got price and details hashed out. Gonna talk to the bank Monday. I will say, it was kind of refreshing having the vehicle brought to us :D

RCW, The jeep is loaded. Only thing missing is automatic transmission, heated/ power seats, and leather interior. It's also a hard top, which we wanted. With the dogs, a soft top wouldn't have held up very long.

Only thing my wife wished it had was heated seats. Been looking for months for a 4 door with manual transmission. Also, similar set up ones, with similar milage have been going used for over 30k around here :eek: Found this one for just above 20k :cool: That's why we asked about it. Figured on taking a road trip next weekend to go look at it. Didn't expect it to show up in the driveway :)

Skeets, it has a clean car fax. We pulled it up yesterday :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Not that this vehicle has this issue but, unless they have changed their information basis, Car Fax only shows REPORTED accidents and or insurance claims. A CarFax vehicle could have spent a night at the bottom of a river before being dried out and repaired by a third party and never reflect the fact that it had been involved in an accident or been used as an impromptu submarine. If the police don't get involved, it likely will not show up on the CarFax report. I have heard of vehicles with clean CarFax reports only to show up with SALVAGE titles. It depends on whether there was an insurance company covering the vehicle at the time of incident and whether or not a claim was made.

CarFax is handy but by no means the absolute source for information. My daughter bought a used Ford from a dealer who told her it "had a clean CarFax" from the previous owner. She subsequently learned that the vehicle started out as a rental car for a couple years and was only owned by the previous owner for less than a year before she bought it.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Heated seat kits arent bad,a couple different types,some that can be cut to size as well. I installed a few. A little expensive. But worth the money and time if thats what you want.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Lets get the count correct here:

Daren -

tractor:)
zero turn:)
RV ;)

Wife:

Jeep !!!

Master D,

You are in trouble ---- you are way ahead!!!!!!!:D:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Reason I mentioned that is because there have been some FLOOD CARS show up around here,, they look super clean but well you know,, She will look really good driving that Jeep !

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Heated seat kits arent bad,a couple different types,some that can be cut to size as well. I installed a few. A little expensive. But worth the money and time if thats what you want.
TJ you have to realize in Arkansas they are probably still wearing shorts in December. They really need heated seats for their bare legs. Not like in the far north where you have enough clothes on all winter so you can't tell if the seat is heated or not anyway.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Lets get the count correct here:

Daren -

tractor
zero turn
RV ;)

Wife:

Jeep !!!

Master D,

You are in trouble ---- you are way ahead!!!!!!!:D:)
RV is hers and cost more then the tractor and zero turn :p:p If we get it, she's gonna have to make sure she's up early :D First come first serve on the keys :p:D:cool: With the 6 speed manual transmission, that thing is fun to drive. If we don't buy it, it probably won't leave the neighborhood. Neighbors wife has also fell in love with it. If we buy that one, his wife has her eye on a red one, with automatic, and leather interior :D

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
RV is hers and cost more then the tractor and zero turn :p:p If we get it, she's gonna have to make sure she's up early :D First come first serve on the keys :p:D:cool: With the 6 speed manual transmission, that thing is fun to drive. If we don't buy it, it probably won't leave the neighborhood. Neighbors wife has also fell in love with it. If we buy that one, his wife has her eye on a red one, with automatic, and leather interior :D
Daren, that's a sharp looking rig. Hope it works out and you get it. :)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
TJ you have to realize in Arkansas they are probably still wearing shorts in December. They really need heated seats for their bare legs. Not like in the far north where you have enough clothes on all winter so you can't tell if the seat is heated or not anyway.
True,i never saw the need for heated seats. But would sure be nice on a tractor seat. Actually, should make a heated pedals and floorboards. Feet get it the worst when its really cold. Done that too many times.
Thought about radiant heat on the floor in my truck, but the windows may fog up too much.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wife found and bought a fully loaded PT cruiser for our daughter. Didn't know about the heated seats. It was 110 degrees out the day we picked it up. I went to adjust the seat and accidently turned the heated seats on high.

AC was blowing cold, but I was burning up, sweating my butt off, and had my button up uniform shirt completely unbuttoned trying to get cool. It dawned on me to pull over and see if it had heated seats when my bottom started burning :eek::eek::p:rolleyes: That was my one and only experience with heated seats :rolleyes:;):)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
Thats funny right there. My wife and daughter both drive pt cruisers. Both have heated seats. And i have a spare set.

I do like the jeeps. Buddy has a liberty,had a cooling system issue,rad plugged top to bottom with crystallized coolant. Would have never expected that. 8 years is a little long to leave coolant.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Darren, hope yall can make a deal. Its a good looking rig for sure. My wife bought a new 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee in 2013 and still loves it. I had a 1996 Jeep Cherokee for 6 years and had good service from it.

Bet you will too.

Steve Neul

Equipment
B5200
Jun 3, 2017
Terrell, TX
You need to change the tires though. A Jeep just doesn't look right with street tires on it though. At least you got one that has been pampered.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well..... I officially have a wife with a major case of permagrin :D:D Bank came through, and picking up the jeep tonight after work :D:D

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Must be new car season...

My wife just bought a Ford Explorer (2016)
It has heated seats and..... get this...
Air conditioned seats! the seats are perforated leather and the air blows up and cools yer arse... :D

I had a BMW motorcycle once with heated seats.... it was great. heated grips too.