I wonder if new made in China Kubota's could be imported.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Importing a vehicle to Canada can be a headache.

I imported a small British car (Austin Mini (from Wales) in 2005 and it was bad then, but I understand it's worse now.
Back in 2005 the car/truck/whatever had to be minimum of 15yrs old--no exceptions.

As Jay mentioned, on new vehicles, some(maybe even I could say MOST) are IMPOSSIBLE to import. Hard no.

The number of hoops you have to jump through (even for older cars) would probably surprise the average American.

there is 1 exception... federal employees who were sent to work outside canada can import whatever vehicle they purchased. but other than that.. its a PITA....

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560LE, Grapple, bucket, snow plow, forks, stump bucket
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
There are lots of companies that make products just for the Chinese market. These companies have to compete against the locally made products, feature and selling price. Nothing new here. It’s smart business.

Scotty123

Equipment
L2201
Aug 15, 2023
USA
I once brough in a 1 ton flat bed from Canada to the States...turned me back at the border...for...a speedometer that only registered in Km...so I drifted East and around 3 am tried another crossing where they didn't blink, just waved me through.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I would rather spend 10x as much of my hard-earned money than give the CCP $0.01 of my money. I ACTIVELY search for products that are not owned or produced in China. I don't buy "Smithfield" bacon, because it is a Chinese company, along with thousands of other responsible decisions. Sorry. Not sorry.
40% of the goods in the USA come from China.
No matter how resolute you are, you still own some Chinese made goods.

Reactions: 2 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
gosh I like to stir the pot.

The vast majority of Apple I-Phones are made in Shenzen China. And most of their other stuff is made in India, Vietnam and Malaysia.

Almost none of the bits and pieces come from around here.

<<Typed from my Samsung phone which was made in Vietnam>>

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
But it doesn't hurt to try. It only helps.
The "I refuse to buy Chinese made products" is simply a "feel good" statement, ........it is not the reality of the marketplace.

Last edited:
  • Love

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The "I refuse to buy Chinese made products" is simply a "feel good" statement, ........it is not the reality of the marketplace.
It's that very same thinking that continues to fund the CCP. Unfortunately, too many people feel the same way.
Once a year we relent and buy chinesium junk. That's Christmas. Or an emergency. Other than that, if it says Made In China we don't buy it.
Sure, stuff inside the items we may buy may still come from communist China. But if the label says it, we don't need it because we can get it elsewhere.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
It's that very same thinking that continues to fund the CCP. Unfortunately, too many people feel the same way.
Once a year we relent and buy chinesium junk. That's Christmas. Or an emergency. Other than that, if it says Made In China we don't buy it.
Sure, stuff inside the items we may buy may still come from communist China. But if the label says it, we don't need it because we can get it elsewhere.
Amen

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Do like the old Johnny Cash song and import it "One Piece At A Time".
Heck, line it up through Amazon and maybe even get free shipping!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I strongly suspect that many of our businesses have us bamboozled into thinking that their products do not have Chinese content.

Last edited: