I was bored a few days ago and decided to throw this together.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi again,
I was sitting around the house a few evenings ago and getting really bored, later i was having good look around the shed and found an old shelf end stop made from pretty good strong steel,so, i decided to fabricate a simple instrument panel to house my new tacho/hour meter and a 12v power out socket ,i have also now replaced the standard hour meter with a water temp gauge.

In the new panel there is an extra hole ready for my fuel gauge , still awainting delivery of the kit, so refitted the hour meter in the hole as a tempory hole filler.

formed the shapes etc and welded the sections together, sprayed it to match, job done.
all fitted and work nicely, and it is not in the way and is very easy to see when seated etc.

I am just about to refit the winch on the front now , pics also added prior to refit.

When i get bored , things tend to happen all at once.:):D

rob

Attachments

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Can you give any specifics about the tach / hr meter.
Thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Way cool.. A winch onthe front end,,hmmmm I like that

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Another fine fabrication job from OTT! Great job!

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Can you give any specifics about the tach / hr meter.
Thanks

tacho/hmeter was an L1501 fitment, also fits L185 etc , i purchased it new a while back for a few ££.

I checked the part numbers and its shared with quite few models, i ordered the engine geardrive part from a B8200 (D950 engine) along with the cable and gasket.
they all fitted a treat as did the tacho .

Job done and works nicely.

rob

BridgeMan

Equipment
None yet, but soon to be
Jun 30, 2011
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Rob,

Bet you a 6-pack of your favorite malt beverage that I put more miles on my BMW than you put on any of your Ducatis, or maybe even all of them combined. Do we have a deal??

Michael

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OMG now we got a BeeMer rider in our mists:rolleyes:, I had a Beemer onctuponatime a 1974 R90s,, scared the begeezis outa me,, now I ride old fat low and slow:D

BridgeMan

Equipment
None yet, but soon to be
Jun 30, 2011
Cottage Grove, Oregon
OMG now we got a BeeMer rider in our mists:rolleyes:, I had a Beemer onctuponatime a 1974 R90s,, scared the begeezis outa me,, now I ride old fat low and slow:D
You should never blame an innocent motorcycle for what its operator does with his/her right wrist.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
It finally dawned on me why my girlfriend at the time took such pleasure in riding on the back of that bike, at road speed of course, and why she dumped me the day after summer started and my teacher took his bike back.

HAHAHAHA that's funny! Women NEVER change....

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You should never blame an innocent motorcycle for what its operator does with his/her right wrist.
Bridgeman your way to funny:D That bike as you well know was one of the very first SUPER bikes of the time,, and trust me there was nothing innocent about that bike at all,, she was plan mean from the first kick,,, And it might have sacerd me but I loved every second of it,, though thinking about it now it was really nothing compaired to the Hayabusa,,Sometimes I wish I would have kept some of those bikes

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Nice job on that lower dash panel, I like the arrangement. I always felt Kubota missed the mark on the B-Series by not making the integrated tach/hr meter combo more standardized. Depending on serial number, some did have this but the guage was so small you couldn't read it.

Since bikes eneded up in this thread, I've had a Honda CT-70 (ya-it's a bike!) sitting in my garage for the past four years waiting for me to undertake it's restoration. It's probably doesn't need a resto so much as a new seat and some detailing.

Still when I see what Wildfire in Nfld did with his CT70, well I'm just humbled!

In between grade 11 and 12 the Assistant Principal at my high school let me use his 650 BSA Thunderbolt for the summer. That was truly awesome because riding it made me feel 'free'; like James Dean in 'Rebel without a Cause'.

I had a pack of smokes rolled up in the short sleeve of my white T-shirt and thought I was pretty cool zipping around the summer village where my parents had a lake cabin.

The only drawback to all this 'coolness' was that the engine produced so much vibration at road speed my hands would go numb on the grips and I couldn't read the speedo or check the mirrors to save my soul.

It was many years later and only after taking a ride on my brothers new V-Star that I truly appreciated and understood the special nature of that British bike and it's un-counter balanced engine.

It finally dawned on me why my girlfriend at the time took such pleasure in riding on the back of that bike, at road speed of course, and why she dumped me the day after school started and my teacher took his bike back.

A week into the start of grade 12, single and feeling real 'un-cool', I saw her talkin' "motor bikes" with the new guy, a transfer-in from a school a few towns away who just happened to have a new black 850 Norton Commando sitting in the student parking lot.

I obviously didn't understand what women want going back a long way!

Rob. Great job on the guage. Now that's something worth while. Enjoyed seeing it.

Vic. You sir wrote on of the most interesting storie I've read on the net. I truly enjoyed reading it. It brought me back to the mid 1970's when I was out riding around. I remember I had the long hair, a Honda 750 Four and thought I was the the coolest thing that ever walked the earth :D
My buddies had the two stroke Kawasaki's. Some had the British bikes but I had a hard time getting used to them because the gear shift was on the opposite side :confused:
Seems the times were simpler back then. Thanks for stirring up the memories my friend ;) and get at the CT 70. Great old bikes. I'll never part with mine :cool: