I sprung oil

BigT

Equipment
The mighty B7100 ,woods rm59, yo mama
Apr 24, 2011
Baseball Hall of Fame
My B7100d sprung a leek. I'm lossing about three quarters of a quart every hour. It seems to be coming from the front of the oil pan. I have a plow on. Its difficult to tell for sure. My repair manual doesnt show the bottem of the engine or include anything on the oil pan. I was hoping I could get some pointers before I dig in. If any one has a owners manual for this machine I'd like to hear from ya.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I've never done the job but would bet it's straight forward.
Especially if there isn't a cross member in the way.

Here's a few things I'd do:
-big piece of card board on the floor to catch all drips.
-once the pan is removed, let it drip for a few hours.
-if you use a new gasket, run a bead of gasket maker to keep the new gasket in place.
-anti seize in the bolts.

Keep us in the loop.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Nothing in the oil pan except the drain plug. Are you sure it's tight? Did you hit something and poke a hole in the pan?? To get the pan off you'll most likely need to drop the front end and pull it out of the way.

I suggest looking at it more closely --- doesn't make a lot of sense yet.

BigT

Equipment
Apr 24, 2011
Baseball Hall of Fame
Finally found some time to to work on it. The oil that I origanally thought was coming from the oil pan, came from another spot. I traced the drips to the front of the motor. I pulled the everything off the front. Turned out that the crank shaft seal was toast. I called the dealer ship for a new one. $40 bucks -WTF!! I called NAPA, they crossed the part, nine bucks and change plus one day to ship it. Lucked out on this. No problems so far.
I picked up some extra parts including the the oil pan gasket. Just incase. The dealer charged me a restocking fee. It was only several dollars, but it rubbed me the wrong way.

BigT

Equipment
Apr 24, 2011
Baseball Hall of Fame
I gotta replace the same seal. How did the replacement go? Any hitches I should know of? Mahalos in advance!
Nothing but the obvious. Make sure your hoses are in good shape. Get some replacements other wise. Take every thing off so you have planty of room to work. I was able to use a pick and pull the seal out of the front my manual had differnet instructions. It worked fine. Try not to chew up the seal too much so you can read the numbers on the seal. It will save you some money when another store can cross reference the part. Or you can go to the dealer and pay 4 to five times as much. While I had mine apart I replaced some hydrolic hoses and other small things. Its a good opportunity to take care of it and get it ready for winter