I need "that" pin

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
BX 23S
The one that fits in the center of this plate. Mine snapped, is lost and the plate keeps falling off. In watching the Messicks video it looks to be a funky two diameter pin. Can someone snap a picture of theirs for me?
I called the dealer and they were too busy to deal with this little guy. Will any old pin that fits do the trick for now? Thanks.

KIMG1062.JPG

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
BX 23S
The one that fits in the center of this plate. Mine snapped, is lost and the plate keeps falling off. In watching the Messicks video it looks to be a funky two diameter pin. Can someone snap a picture of theirs for me?
I called the dealer and they were too busy to deal with this little guy. Will any old pin that fits do the trick for now? Thanks.

View attachment 101294
A 1/4" x 1" any grade bolt will work with a nylock nut will work. Less than buying the correct Kubota part with the retainer clip. I have been using this method for more than 2 decades, and if I misplace it, I always have a spare available in my nut and bolt cabinet. I buy them at Tractor Supply

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
A 1/4" x 1" any grade bolt will work with a nylock nut will work. Less than buying the correct Kubota part with the retainer clip. I have been using this method for more than 2 decades, and if I misplace it, I always have a spare available in my nut and bolt cabinet. I buy them at Tractor Supply
Thanks, I did find another pin to drop in there temporarily that seems to fit nice, wife was able to till the whole garden with no more mishaps. I measured mine at 3/8's. I guess based on the diagram and functionality there just needs to be a pin there to stop the plate from working off the cross bar.

Reactions: 1 user