I like Orange. The BX2380 is being considered.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Sounds like a pretty good assortment.
Other things to consider: A BXpanded 'Under armor' to protect the hydro cooling fan when the mower is off; and the BXpanded Pirahna Bar for the FEL. I have both, and they're very worthwhile. You should also consider adding the "coffee Filter" to the fuel filler. It'll help keep extraneous debris out of the tank.

Some folks will recommend the fuel filter relocation kit, but I'm really not sure it's worthwhile. Kubota only recommends checking it every 50 hours, and only replacing it every 400 hours, so...
The UnderArmor (unless in sticks, brush or rocky areas) might be beneficial. It's on my list to consider

The Pirhana Bar, thats a worthy add-on from the get go. I originally planned to get the bucket edge Kubota sells. I had the salesman remove it.

I also earmarked that arched 3pt QH for removal. Theirs is pretty hokey. I already have a better one, that needs the green paint covered up. Lol.

The fuel filter I'll stand fast with for the time being.

Cheers Sir.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
check other sources ! can be had for 1/2 price, if in the USA........
The stainless filter? I'm the type, if it's tried and tested and does the job, to go with what's suggested, most times.

It's difficult for me to wrap my brain around some things, not having the tractor at home yet.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
The UnderArmor (unless in sticks, brush or rocky areas) might be beneficial. It's on my list to consider

The Pirhana Bar, thats a worthy add-on from the get go. I originally planned to get the bucket edge Kubota sells. I had the salesman remove it.

I also earmarked that arched 3pt QH for removal. Theirs is pretty hokey. I already have a better one, that needs the green paint covered up. Lol.

The fuel filter I'll stand fast with for the time being.

Cheers Sir.
I have the Kubota edge - adds strength - and had the Piranha bar built to go over it.
The price you showed for the Kubota quick hitch seemed outrageous. Orange paint from Tractor Supply is cheap.
The filter has proven useful for me. Seems like there's always some debris that sneaks in.

Reactions: 1 user

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Cheers Sir.
When you consider that a broken (plastic) fan costs over $500 to have replaced at the dealer's, the cost of the Under Armor is worthwhile. BTW, it's only used when the MMM is off.

bxpanded.com

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
I put some rear wheel spacers on our BX. Makes if feel much more stable. I used the spacers made for Jeeps. Fit perfect and a lot cheaper.

It is only a matter of time until your inner tie rod boots get cut. Link to the after market replacements I used are below

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The Kubota 'HST fan cover' is only $30 CDN, been factory installed since 2018.....
5 years ,1100hrs of real use, ZERO problems.....

a clever guy with a 3d printer could make a better HST fan, 2 parts going around the shaft for easy install.

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I put some rear wheel spacers on our BX. Makes if feel much more stable. I used the spacers made for Jeeps. Fit perfect and a lot cheaper.

It is only a matter of time until your inner tie rod boots get cut. Link to the after market replacements I used are below

The wheel spacers, doesn't that put a stress on the bearings? Honest question. I've seen people put them on different 4x4s, and heard they make things wear abnormally.

How do the tie-rod replacement boots hold up, compared?

Good to know alternatives.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
The Kubota 'HST fan cover' is only $30 CDN, been factory installed since 2018.....

a clever guy with a 3d printer could make a better HST fan, 2 parts going around the shaft for easy install.
Sounds like the right person hasn't come along to run with your thoughts. Those 3D printers are pretty slick, given the experience behind them in designing.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
The wheel spacers, doesn't that put a stress on the bearings? Honest question. I've seen people put them on different 4x4s, and heard they make things wear abnormally.

How do the tie-rod replacement boots hold up, compared?

Good to know alternatives.
Some people will say the spacers may have an effect on the rear axle, but based on my research I went with the two inch spacers. Safety factor outweighs possible negative effects IMO, although I have not experienced any in two years.
Keep in mind this is not spacers on a vehicle, they are on a low speed tractor. Kubota even sells one inch spacers for the L series

Tire rod replacement boots are a hard plastic as opposed to the oem rubber boot. The oem lasted a month before they ripped, the replacements have lasted four years so far.

Last edited:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Tie rod replacement boots are a hard plastic as opposed to the oem rubber boot. The oem lasted a month before they ripped, the replacements have lasted four years so far.
Interesting... My original boots are intact after over two years.
Were you working in a heavy brush environment to tear your so soon?

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
It's on mine, too, but seemed pretty small and flimsy to me, so I got the BXpanded one, too.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
Interesting... My original boots are intact after over two years.
Were you working in a heavy brush environment to tear your so soon?
I use the tractor at our hunting camp and mainly do bush hogging, trail grading and do push some brush from time to time. I know the boot ripped when I ran over a short branch about an inch in diameter and two feet long. Could not see it when mowing, but saw it when it jumped a little when the front wheel ran over it.

Neighbor also has a BX. His boot lasted about six months. Has been ripped for two years now which does not seem to bother him. Would drive me nuts

Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
The wheel spacers, doesn't that put a stress on the bearings? Honest question.
Yes. Below is a link to an OTT discussion that was had recently about this topic:

OTT Wheel Spacers

My posts therein provide some simplified mathematics as to how the additional factor of safety relative to tipping might compare to the additional load on the axle bearings. YMMV, and this is a simplified, theoretical explanation.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Some people will say the spacers may have an effect on the rear axle, but based on my research I went with the two inch spacers. Safety factor outweighs possible negative effects IMO, although I have not experienced any in two years.
Keep in mind this is not spacers on a vehicle, they are on a low speed tractor. Kubota even sells one inch spacers for the L series

Tire rod replacement boots are a hard plastic as opposed to the oem rubber boot. The oem lasted a month before they ripped, the replacements have lasted four years so far.
I'm all for a wider stance, don't take me wrong. I can see the benefits of doing so. I would be leary of anything but steel spacers for piece of mind. I'd also question the load rating on the bolts the spacers come with.

I'm still adding them to my list. LOL.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
that sucker is 200#'s or more and doesn't slide easily on the wheels (which are pointed 90* the wrong way for installation/removal).
I thought on the newer BX you could pull the pins on the wheels and turn them 90 degrees? My older BX had lost the pins and had rusted up bolts instead, which is another reason I always pulled it out forwards.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I thought on the newer BX you could pull the pins on the wheels and turn them 90 degrees? My older BX had lost the pins and had rusted up bolts instead, which is another reason I always pulled it out forwards.
I think you can, but then I'd be pulling pins and swiveling 4 wheels (x2) for every removal/installation, which, to me anyways, is a PITA, lol.