I hate my dealer

ToddC

Apr 3, 2011
Hastings, MI
Every time I need something from my dealer besides fluid they are out of stock. Any time I ask them a service question, they have no idea.
It just makes me mad, I got more help from my JD with my kubota then the kubota dealer.

This must be why there are so many more green tractors around here. I love my orange tractor but it is so much harder to deal with the dealer in only dealer Western part of Michigan.

Does anyone else have this service problem.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Todd, I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dealer. This is not the experience I have had with mine here in central PA. There are probably a half dozen dealers within 40 miles of me so competition may explain the difference. There is a lot of green around here too.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Pretty much the same here, nothing in stock, always have to order it, nothing on hand except expensive fluids & $20 a can spray paint. I think if I bought a new tractor every couple years they wouldn't act like I'm a nuisance when I come in, but the same family owns all the Kubota dealers in the state and really has no use for or need of me. I now try to buy everything I need elsewhere, usually online.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Fortunately my dealer is great and sells both Kubota and John Deere. The owner that I purchase everything from just died suddenly on Sat. but his family will carry on. When I bought my tractor in 1985 I checked out the International's (now Case) but didn't come close to compare to the Kubota even though some used the Kubota engine. Too bad since that dealer is a mile from where I live. Even JD were no comparison at the time and were Yanmars. All compact tractors have come a long way in the last 25 years and probably from trying to compete with Kubota

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sadly every now and then you get a bad egg of a dealer who just wants to make a buck on the sale and not follow up with after market needs and repair.

Sometimes a friendly complaint to KTC will give them the nudge to tell the dealer to straighten their act or KTC will pull their licensing.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
My dealer here in Eastern Washington is first rate for parts and service. They sell a fair number of tractors, and stock a goodly share of parts. What they don't have, they usually get in a day or two. I'm sorry to hear about Western Michigan. A few bad dealers can ruin a company's reputation in an area. I'd make mention of it to KTC as well.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Pretty much the same here...
Where do you go? Try the Bob Cat/Kubota on 7th Ave and Deer Valley. Prices are high, but no more so than all the rest from what I see. And at least they are friendly and helpful, never rushing me out the door.

trouble11

Equipment
kubota b9200, bf350fel,b4530 hoe, 2002 Gmc Sierra with plow
Jun 12, 2012
Plattsburgh, NY
My dealer is pretty good, however some of his parts people lack knowlede or just don,t care. I think some of them were Door greeters at Walmart before My Dealer hired them. :(

hdoilcan

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4x4
Dec 14, 2013
NY
I just bought a new Kubota and I've talked to a bunch of dealers of all colors and the dealer I bought from was not only the most helpful dealer but also the closest dealer. This dealer bent over backwards for up!! I talked to 4 green dealers and EVERY one of them acted as if the color of the tractor was gonna sell it.

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
I'm not sure which dealer you would have dealt with from Hastings? I bought my Kubota from the store in Mattawan, MI. I've always had good luck with them. They are always polite and professional every time I stop in. Hope you can find another dealer to help you with your tractoring needs. :cool:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
That's a shame, we have one great Kubota dealer in my area and one that sounds just like yours. My original dealer was so poor his franchise was pulled, if a good dealer had not come in, I would probably own different tractors.

You might consider Messick's for parts.

tonyvkubota

Equipment
2013/B3200HST/L504 loader/60" rotary finish mower/ 60"brush hog
Dec 14, 2013
ny
Here in central NY I have a choice of three Kubota dealers within 45 miles of each other. When I bought my B3200 two out of the three were within pennies of each other. The third dealer promise to match others,but when checking closer he wanted to charge for things the other two guys were doing no charge. I am happy with where I bought it, and I do call the salesman/manager quite often with questions, and he does the right thing,and gives me his time as I need. Like anything else in life, there is always a company or dealer that gives the other guys a bad rep. By way, love the new B3200 and this forum.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think these dealers that don't DGAF most probably worked for a Harley dealer at one time or another

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
toddc:

Go to the following link, fill out the info and explain in GREAT LENGTH the problems that you are having with your dealer. Be specific, express your frustration, give examples.

Click Here to contact us (Kubota) via email.

I was having problems with my Kubota dealer and after sending in a 2 page email I got a call the next day from Kubota. Had several conversations with the Kubota rep in the next several weeks. It was amassing, the next time I called parts the response was completely different and 1 day later got 1 1/5 hr of shop time from them for free.

The squeaky wheel does get the grease!

Good luck:)

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
"The squeaky wheel does get the grease!"
This statement reminds me of a time when a few of my co-workers were having some dispute. My boss told them "Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced!" - I have never forgotten that statement.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Where do you go? Try the Bob Cat/Kubota on 7th Ave and Deer Valley. Prices are high, but no more so than all the rest from what I see. And at least they are friendly and helpful, never rushing me out the door.
That's exactly where I do go. I live 11 miles away, worked 1 mile away, & the wife works 1/2 mile away; should have been really convenient, but their attitude turns me off. I was even told by the owner's son "that it is stupid to put any money in that old wreck, it makes much better sense to buy this new $33,000 tractor….. you'll be much better off."
The same dealer who tried desperately to charge me over $600 for my ROPs, (ended up paying $221, probably still paid too much) then ended up screwing up the installation, taking out my 3pt linkage, then acted all put out because I wanted them to fix it. I could go on, but you get the idea. The parts guy is pretty decent, unless he's got a big dollar customer to serve. He does have to order everything, but at least he's willing. If I have to buy something in state, I try to wait until I need to go to the Mesa & buy at that store, (same owners) but at least I don't spend any money at the store you mentioned.
Rant over, sorry.

P.S.-People often ask me how businesses with such poor attitudes stay in business; but in Phoenix, there are so many customers, no one cares about repeat business….. plus, in this case, they have a monopoly on the whole state. No wonder I buy online as much as possible.

Last edited:

ToddC

Apr 3, 2011
Hastings, MI
I just tried them again today they were a little better still didn't have the parts but acted like they knew something. I then called messick's in PA I think. Had the part in stock very nice super knowledgable. Shipped same day

That is how a dealer should be, if only they were my local dealer.

Sorry to vent

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
My dealer here in Eastern Washington is first rate for parts and service.
Adams Tractor???? Although I did like them better before they merged with CDA Tractor. They are still pretty good though :D