I don't think I'd have a need for a Land Pride FDR2572 but for $1,800 .....

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
... this seems like a steal. Messick's has them for $5,695 and that's the sale price! This one is supposedly in excellent condition and only used for three seasons.

fdr2572.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is a sweet deal!
I wouldn't pass it up either.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Thats a great price. Shouldn't be too hard to flip it in the spring.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Seems like an awesome deal…at less than half price and that new I have to ask what’s the catch? Everything working order or why so cheap?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That is a sweet deal!
I wouldn't pass it up either.
I left a message with the seller so we'll see. If it's in good condition it's either stolen or the seller hasn't kept up with implement prices! :LOL: I might be able to check it out tomorrow if it's still available.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ooops. :oops: After looking closely at the mower and comparing it to the models on Land Pride's website it appears to be an FDR1672 and not the heavier FDR2572. The FDR1672 is a mere $4,000 over in Sheridan, WY where I bought the M6060. Still a good deal for someone I'm sure, but the deal isn't as sweet for me anymore.

Sorry to get all excited over nothing.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If it were within 200 miles of my place I’d buy it immediately….and sell the BETSTCO (chinese) one I have which cost $2400 new. Why?
Because the blades rotate CCW with LH-thread attach-bolts and cannot be replaced as they are different from every other mfr’r….which is counter to a LH bolt….so they loosened until I Lok-Tite’d the blade/bolt combo…...and the one I tried to replace because it was bent….. the replacement blade was bent from the mfr’r. :oops:
The tires on the wheels have disintegrated in one season with most of the tire missing….and the replacement tires cannot be easily replaced because they are wider than the Fork.
The spindles have grease-zerks…but the bearings inside the housing are Sealed Bearings….and will not accept the grease if you grease them…. and one set of bearings failed within a month…which, fair-enough, they replaced it by sending an entire spindle…. but when that was accomplished another spindle bearing failed.…and the warranty had ended by that time. (I found a number on the bearing seal….. “googled” and found ten of those bearings online cheap and replaced them myself with my shop hyd press….but it’s an hour-long job to do that. I‘m thinking the seal on these bearings should be pierced or removed so the ball/race can get grease…… otherwise the greasing provision of zerks is useless.) YMMV….but I’d trade this thing for a Genuine Land Pride at $1800 in a Flash!

Last edited:

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
If it were within 200 miles of my place I’d buy it immediately….and sell the BETSTCO (chinese) one I have which cost $2400 new. Why?
Because the blades rotate CCW with LH-thread attach-bolts and cannot be replaced as they are different from every other mfr’r….which is counter to a LH bolt….so they loosened until I Lok-Tite’d the blade/bolt combo…...and the one I tried to replace because it was bent….. the replacement blade was bent from the mfr’r. :oops:
The tires on the wheels have disintegrated in one season with most of the tire missing….and the replacement tires cannot be easily replaced because they are wider than the Fork.
The spindles have grease-zerks…but the bearings inside the housing are Sealed Bearings….and will not accept the grease if you grease them…. and one set of bearings failed within a month…which, fair-enough, they replaced it by sending an entire spindle…. but when that was accomplished another spindle bearing failed.…and the warranty had ended by that time. (I found a number on the bearing seal….. “googled” and found ten of those bearings online cheap and replaced them myself with my shop hyd press….but it’s an hour-long job to do that. I‘m thinking the seal on these bearings should be pierced or removed so the ball/race can get grease…… otherwise the greasing provision of zerks is useless.) YMMV….but I’d trade this thing for a Genuine Land Pride at $1800 in a Flash!

Oh my that BETSTCO model makes my used FDR2572 look pretty good. A one season use machine, late serial number, for $1250, I didn't need it, but couldn't pass it up. It breaks up the monotony by mowing with the B2650 now and then.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Oh my that BETSTCO model makes my used FDR2572 look pretty good. A one season use machine, late serial number, for $1250, I didn't need it, but couldn't pass it up. It breaks up the monotony by mowing with the B2650 now and then.
If your pic is a demonstration of how cleanly/evenly your FDR2572 cuts/mows….. then You Have an Excellent machine!

My BETSTCO doesn’t do NEARLY that well.

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
If your pic is a demonstration of how cleanly/evenly your FDR2572 cuts/mows….. then You Have an Excellent machine!

My BETSTCO doesn’t do NEARLY that well.
I had just finished mowing when I took that picture, I was fortunate to find that machine at that price. A Deere dealer had it as a trade in, the owner bought it, used it one season, then traded it for a Frontier model because he couldn't stand having something on the farm that wasn't John Deere Green. Lucky for me!

• Haha

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I Understand the desire for COLOR LOYALTY!

When I converted an old propane tank to diesel for my Kubota tractor and RTV….. 😅 :ROFLMAO:😅

IMG_1669.jpeg

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
I Understand the desire for COLOR LOYALTY!

When I converted an old propane tank to diesel for my Kubota tractor and RTV….. 😅 :ROFLMAO:😅

View attachment 122627
I understand the color thing too. But I have drifted to another color, it's Oliver Green, not John Deere Green. Good thing the plow is color blind!

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That really is a killer deal. An FDR2572 for $1,250 .... wow!

This might all be academic since the seller hasn't responded to my call or email. If the mower were an FDR2572 I'd jump on it for as high as $2,500 because of the significantly sturdier build over the FDR1672, but since I don't really need either I'll pass.

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
That really is a killer deal. An FDR2572 for $1,250 .... wow!

This might all be academic since the seller hasn't responded to my call or email. If the mower were an FDR2572 I'd jump on it for as high as $2,500 because of the significantly sturdier build over the FDR1672, but since I don't really need either I'll pass.
I was fortunate that this Deere dealer wanted that off color piece of crap off their lot, I offered $1000, there was a delay then he came back with would you do $1250, I told him " I will think about it and let you know in a day or two. I offered $1000 because I didn't need it, but took him up on the $1250 because I wanted it. Does that make sense?

I battle with need vs want a lot in my life! That might have something to do with why I have so many Kubotas.

I have to agree with you, that FDR2572 is one sturdy son of a gun, it's also pretty heavy...good thing I learned to steer with the brakes as a kid on the farm many years ago.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was fortunate that this Deere dealer wanted that off color piece of crap off their lot
I actually like that Land Pride color and have for years. :ROFLMAO: I always felt that it looks more industrial over orange.

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
I actually like that Land Pride color and have for years. :ROFLMAO: I always felt that it looks more industrial over orange.

I am kind of a purist in the area of product colors, Internationals are red, Deeres are green, Kubota and Allis Chalmers are orange and DAMN IT, Land Pride is tan. Or whatever color Land Pride calls it.

I bought my snowblower off the lot several years ago and all that my friendly Land Pride dealer had was orange, I regret not ordering one the proper color to this day. Painting Land Pride products any color that tan, is like boys saying they are girls...oh wait a minute, that is happening!

• Haha